For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
amadams1216's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 3rd, 2019 3:13 PM

Setting up a new IP phone for my Digital home phone

I am a remote worker and would like to use an IP phone for both home and work phone numbers.  All of the ports on gateway are configured.  The IP phone has a dial tone, but says no service.  The phone (Yealink T58A) requires an account for each number that includes the server host, user name & password in order to connect so I can make calls.  I haven't been able to find this information anywhere.  I have called multiple AT&T help numbers, but keep getting sent to someone that can't help me.  How can I get this information so that I can use my IP phone with my home phone.  The alternative is to change phone providers to an IP provider.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Looks like they only offer it to businesses, which makes sense.  Link Most residential VoIP providers (like magic jack) require and ATA so you still couldn't user your VoIP phone.  You could do an Internet search to see what's out there. 

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Your SIP provider, if that's what you're using, or whoever maintains the Network of your business needs to include the IP address of the phone you're using and probably your modem also. AT&T has no control over true VoIP service.  Also your home number would have to be ported to your SIP provider.  It's the provider you're switching to responsibility to run with the porting of a number. So you can change providers, but you'll have the same issue. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the reply.   It sounds like you are saying that I don’t have the option of using an SIP Phone for my home phone through AT&T.  Is that correct?

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Correct, you'd have to have your SIP provider port your number over to them.  You might give AT&T a call to see if they offer SIP trunks, I have no idea if they do or don't.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.