For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Busysig's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 28th, 2019 2:50 AM

Closed

I can't call my cell phone from my home phone

I am having a problem calling my cell phone from my home phone. When I try to call my cell from home it just gives a fast busy tone. It works if anyone else calls me as long as it's not my home phone. I have spent over 8 hours with tech support bouncing between the cell and land line techs. I have replaced the SIM card and still no help. If I turn my cell off it will go to voice mail. If my phone is on it will just give the busy signal. The phone started doing this the day I switched my cell service to ATT. I am told they esculated the problem to engineering dept but they have no way of following up on any results or recommendations. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

I'd assume it also wouldn't work if someone from the same area code and exchange as your landline calls your cell phone.  This is a routing problem than only the phone company can fix and it's turning the cell phone off and it going to voicemail means it's beyond the suppliers switch/server the voicemail terminates in.  Your landline provider is suppose to run with this, even though the trouble points to translations in the cell service. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

It seams to be isolated to just my home phone. The first thing I did was to have my neighbors try and they get through with no problem. I am having other issues now that I have had the service for almost a week now. My voice mails don't always show up immediately. I just received 8 voicemails at once and some were more than 24 hours old. Messaging seams to be delayed intermintly sending and receiving too. The call protect app is down according to the service rep that looked at my device. I had to go back to the ATT store so they could try a new sim card is when we discovered that it has been down for quite some time apparently. So frustrated because it feels like a 2nd job now just to get this fixed.

Sent from my LG K30, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

------ Original message------
Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2019 9:39 AM
To:*****@hotmail.com;
Cc:
Subject:Here's a subscription update

[https://forums.att.com/html/assets/att_globe_rgb_wht.png]

Here's a subscription update

Hi Busysig,

spoom2 (ACE - Master) posted a new reply in I can't call my cell phone from my home phone on 02-28-2019 602-28-2019>:39 AM.

I'd assume it also wouldn't work if someone from the same area code and exchange as your landline call your cell phone. This is a routing problem than only the phone company can fix and it's turning the cell phone off and it going to voicemail means it's beyond the suppliers switch/server the voicemail terminates in. You're landline provider is suppose to run with this, even though the trouble points to translations in the cell service.

Note — to reply via email, please click on the "Reply" link included with this notification. This is a one-time use link. Do not use your email client Reply button.

Reply | Accept as Solution | Give Kudos

Your help is what makes our community such a great resource. We couldn't do it without you!
Thanks for choosing us,

AT&T

We sent this message to *****@hotmail.com.
Want to change your email notification options, like stop getting @ mentions of your user name, or threads to which you've subscribed, etc.? Edit options
Want to stop every email from the community, including notifications of replies to threads you've started, @ mentions of your user name, threads to which you've subscribed, etc.? If you're sure, just let us know.

©2019 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo, and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T-affiliated companies.
AT&T Privacy Policy

02-28-2019>

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

AT&T said: "I'd assume it also wouldn't work if someone from the same area code and exchange as your landline call your cell phone. " WRONG!

Customer said: "....... my neighbors try and they get through with no problem."

Please re-read the problem and provide a solution.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

@drose977 No reason to flame spoom2 who stated his assumption, which was then invalidated by a later reply by the original poster. That is how troubleshooting is done... postulating what the problem is from the assumptions, then validating the assumptions. Note that spoom2 is not an employee of AT&T and is only trying to help.

The problem could be routing of AT&T Voice (ask the neighbor if he has AT&T voice) or could be a conflict between AT&T Voice and the cell phone if it's doing HDVoice (which I've seen before).

[ Be advised that you've posted on a community forum primarily peopled by other customers.  I am not an AT&T Employee.  An AT&T Customer Support rep may or may not ever reply to your post. ]

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Sorry, i thought it was AT&T's reply. The problem happened before moving to VOIP and has been escalated to ATT Advanced Technical Support. Not a voice problem and problem persisted after moving to another landline carrier.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

ps - not doing HD

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

@drose977 First this topic is a year old, so I hope the OP has their problem resolved. Second my statement was correct. I stated "I'd assume it also wouldn't work if someone from the same area code and exchange as your landline calls your cell phone."

The response back that the neighbors could call his cell fine did not confirm they were in the same area code and exchange or even using the same carrier. It was also stated by the OP he had other issues with his cell phone. After that all I see prior to your post is the OP copied the automated email responses, or that could be something caused by the new forum format. Remember as stated by @JefferMC we are users like you just trying to help our fellow users. In reading your topic in the wireless forum seems like you're in good hands.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So I have the same problem going on right now. No landlines can call my phone unless it's thru att. They now have said after calling 4 times they are going to have engineering look into it. I've had att since 2005 and never had this problem. And it started about 3 weeks ago. I've had a new Sims card and just rest my phone completely. Any ideas

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

3 years ago

Since the last poster is getting their issue addressed and this topic is over 2 years old I'm closing the topic to further posting. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.