For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
spartyinmd's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 6:02 PM

Calls from 1-800-280-2020 (Possible Fraud/Scam)

I am receiving calls daily from 800-280-2020 saying they are AT&T offering me a special deal.  I am not getting past that initial statement as I am not happy receiving calls like this, even if legit.  Are others receiving calls from this number or 800-282-2020 for the same reason?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

att is 288 not 280 its phishing

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

At&t is 288-2020. That number is a complete scam 

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

It you're getting that many calls I'd say someone is spoofing AT&T's customer service number, I'd ignore it. 

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

I didn't even notice that, thanks for pointing it out. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I listened to the whole thing and apparently I can have all my channels with Directv as they are now for $158 a month for the next two years IF I pay $360 now. But I can’t just pay from my bank account, I have to buy an eBay gift card and put the money on that then call the billing department with s confirmation number I was given to lock in this special deal.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

I received a call from this number too. It looked legit, as tgey folliwed up with text, sending 6 digit code. 

I received another text after that from ATT saying soneone added additional user and asking me to verify which I did not. This number belongs to scammers for sure.

LA H

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

This is a fraud number. I also have attend call by this number. Put this number to blacklist.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@BrownJamesits up to you to block unwanted numbers

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.