For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
SandyPoodle's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, December 26th, 2017 6:17 PM

Being drastically overcharged for my new account

Early November I signed up for a Uverse bundle for $109 a month for two years but have been getting bills for hundreds of dollars and even now, I am told that my bill will be $129 before taxes are added in. I have spoken to several customer service reps and one did notate that I was being charged too much and to pay a different amount but new bill doesn't show this at all. I have had so much trouble with what was supposed to be a simple new service signup at my new home that I am at my wit's end. 

I didn't have phone service or internet for several weeks because of a 'cut fiberoptic cable somewhere but we don't know where' so I went in to cancel all AT and T services and the customer service rep convinced me to try Uverse. Why is this so hard to just get basic services at the promised price??!!

Can someone please help me or direct me to someone who can actually make a difference? Every customer service rep that tells me that they have fixed my issue hasn't - and I don't blame them. But I don't appreciate having to spend hours and hours on the phone for nothing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I too have been overcharged for direct tv since att took over. I spent 45 minutes on the phone over my overcharges last mont and they finally agreed to the price I have a signed letter guaranteeing. This month I just received my second bill and was over charged even more than last month. I just got off the phone with them again and they seemed to agree again that I was over charged again and had to get “approval” to change my bill. They promised to call me in one hour to confirm my new billing. 

It is so frustrating to deal with the income incompetence from att. They should be better than what I have seen from them. I like direct tv but not sure it is worth all the hassel with overcharges. I plan to report this to the better business bureau so that people who may not have the time and staying power That I do will not be cheated with over billing from att.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I was charged , I suppose they call it a connection fee of 66.51, but NEVER informed me.

I was never told of any fees except my basic lifeline monthly bill of $7.99

I talked to an installer and he told me that credits for this, would take up to 2 months

to be seen on my bill.

HOWEVER, a credit never appeared. Instead, I received late fees and cancellation and  

a fee for that.

The charges were not ever expressed to me.

How to I ensure a full credit of *installation fees, late fees and cancellation and subsequent fees.

thank you,

Cari

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.