Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
BHhawaii's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 17th, 2017 12:07 AM

go phone($45/month plan, 6GB) account balance problem.

I purchased the go phone(prepaid) plan, $45(6GB) monthly plan.

I purchased it on 17th July, 2017 by paying $45.

And I refilled $45 via online site(paygonline.com) on 7th Aug, 2017 before the expire date(15th Aug) for the plan.

And today, 16th Aug, all voice, data connection was disconnected and received the message saying I should refill the account balance.

I went to the store where I bought the plan and he told me I should pay $10 to keep using the voice and date.

And I checked the account balance today. Only $2.37 is left and plan expire date is Nov 5, 2017.

I wonder why voice and data service was disconnected although I refilled $45 for the next month.

Here is what I think.

Purchsed the plan @ 7/17($45):  8/15 is the expire date of the plan.

Refilled via online @ 8/7($45): I think $45 will be deducted from the account and I can use the plan from 8/15 to 9/15

Voice and Data disconnection @ 8/16: visited the store and pay additional $10 to use voice and data again. And my account balance is only $2.37

I do not understand why voice and data is disconnected even though I refilled the account balance.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@BHhawaii I think on Aug. 15th, you needed to buy another monthly plan.

I don't think putting in $45 does an auto-renew on the later date, you have to tell it specifically what needs to be done. 

Incorrect...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L No, you don't tell it what to do. If you have a $45 plan and a $45 balance, it automatically renews. Two possibilities in my mind. 1) You are not actually on the $45 plan or 2) you used all of your data and some of that $45 refill was used to buy more high speed data. That would explain why the $45 plan did not renew, you did not have $45 dollars on your account.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.