Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
GoPhoneBlues's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 31st, 2017 11:53 PM

What do I do now?

I bought the cheapest flip Go Phone I could a few years ago, when my mother lived in an area that my regular provider had no service in. For the sake emergencies only. Then life happened. She developed kidney failure, was moved closer to my own area for care, and eventually passed away from that & other complications. Now, I find myself stuck with this phone that is still charging me money - that I don't need or use - that got bumped from $10/mo to 10cent/min at some point that I wasn't notified of, and now the balance is up to $466.58. I have no one to give the phone to & use it up (single/no kids/parents deceased/etc.) and I just want a straight answer. Am I totally out all of that money, or is there some way to recoup at least something from this horrible debacle? I have a cell service that I've loved for almost 12 years, and no need for this service anymore. Help!?!

P.S. Please do not respond with just a "please call 800-555-5555" answer. If there is nothing to be done at all, i would appreciate if you just said that. If there is something to be done, please respond with something that implies it. Thank you for your time.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Sorry to say but gophone is "use or lose", they do not refund. I don't know of any prepaid service that does. You can certainly present your case and ask but getting the money back is not likely. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

You get a high five.  There is nothing you can do, ATT doesn't refund Gophone balances.  

If you can't  use it, Then You can donate the phone and balance to someone in need.  They can use it till it expires.  Take the tax write off for next year or just warm fuzzies for a good deed.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

7 years ago

Give it away or use it up before the expire date.......or lose it !! Smiley SadMan Indifferent

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.