Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
adelwahab77's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 14th, 2017 4:30 AM

Upgrade from Prepaid to a Post Paid Plan after a few months of good history?

I have poor credit now and I am using pre-paid for my wife and I. I have been loyal customers for a few momths and have always paid on time. Tmobile has a 12 month program where you can finanace a phone with 0 down with good history for those 12 months.

Is there a way I can upgrade from prepaid to a post paid for my wife and I so that I can finance a new iphone for her? She started college and I wanted to get her an iphone 7plus or even 8 plus if I get a good deal. We see offers from Tmobile but I want to stay with ATT. I hope I can get some answers. I am also skeptical about moving to tmobile because I overhear my parents get charges they are not aware of and random amounts added. Does anyone have experience with this? 

I like my prepaid amount, it's a flat low flat fee for a good service. hmm. 

Thanks. 

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

7 years ago

the only issue with pre paid accounts is its not attached to you in any way (meaning it may have your name but no social security number). i had poor credit when i got my post paid account. poor credit does not always disqualify you automatically.. your best option is to go to the store (corp store not authorized retailer)..

as far as tmobile, my sister has them and loves them. the only unexpected charges they ever had was when my nephew was deployed and racked up $800 in texting charges when he was in africa. i do not have experience with them, i went to att after us cellular sold the local market and they were no longer available.

you can get a good price on AT&t plans, same fee every month if you dont have any overages. the store can help you find a plan that fits your needs and budget

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Just FYI, with poor credit, not only might you be required to pay a deposit for service, you may also be required to pay a down payment on any phone you buy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.