Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
yorck001's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017 11:10 PM

Prerpaid balance expired

Hello. I have a prepaid account (25 cts a minute) with a balance in June of $104. For health reason I had to travel to Europe. Now - in August - I'm checking my account online (still in Europe) and it says balance is $0.00 because the balance expired on July 31st.  Where did my money go?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@yorck001 When did you last add money to it?  How much?

"Amounts deposited into your account expire in accordance with the stated payment denomination expiration period ($10-$24 payments expire in 30 days, $25 to $99 in 90 days, $100 or more in 365 days)."

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/legal/terms.prepaidPlanTerms.html

It doesn't matter HOW MUCH is in your account, it matters how much you PUT IN and WHEN.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

All funds in your prepaid account have an expiration date and are use it (for service) or lose it. You have until the expiration date to use it or add funds to extend the expiration date. If the funds expired on July 31, they are gone. You lost them.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L. Thanks so much. That explains it! I started out with $100 and thought I just have to bring the balance back to $100 in order to keep it for 365 days. My mistake.

Thanks again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.