Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
mfells's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 9th, 2017 10:21 PM

Prepaid Balance Refund

I have a had a Prepaid account for some years.  I just switched from the $45/mo 6gb data plan to $65/mo 22gb plan.

Data speed was reduced once I passed 6gb even though I was on the $65 plan.  ATT support corrected this on their records but have not been able to deliver a decent data speed despite several calls and escalations.  I have just been told that what I have now is as good as it gets.

I am dissatisfied in the extreme. I want to get my balance refunded and go to another provider.  I should have this month refunded - I was just a week and a couple of days in when performance dived.

Up to 6gb of data, I routinely experienced 5 to 6 Mbps.  I am now unable to get more than 450 Kbps.  This max is not the end of the world but it is a max.  I have seen it as low as 80 Kbps !  Unbelievable.

The ATT support technicians are wonderful.  But the fix for this issue has eluded them.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thx, MF

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Something must be messed up with your line, you should not get 5-6 mbps on the unlimited plan. Data speeds are capped at 3 mbps on that plan but speeds should not drop below that unless there is network congestion. Perhaps a new sim card would rectify that problem but regardless, there are no refunds for prepaid. Since this is a customer to customer forum, you definitely won't get any refund posting here. All you can do is call and ask but I would not expect a positive result.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.