Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Whoaaa's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 5th, 2017 9:43 PM

Changing plans on gophone problems

I have a prepayed smartphone with a 45 dollar a month plan. However, recently i tried changing my plan from 45 dollars a month to thirty. I changed the plan after my month was up, then put on a 30 dollar phone card. It told me that my plan changed and it took the money from my account, but I had no data and couldnt talk or text for the whole month. Now recently the month reset, i put on a 30 dollar card, it took the money and said i refilled my account, but i still have no data or talk and text. I have no idea what to do.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

The $30 plan does not have data but you should be able to talk and text. Does your phone show no service? Have you tried rebooting the phone? The only other thing I can suggest is take it to an ATT store, perhaps your SIM card has gone bad.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

The plan claims that the 30 dollar plan comes with 1 gb of data and my phone displays that I have 1 gb of data however i have used 0 of it. There was also a recommendation while I was changing plans that said I should wait untill the day before my plan renews to change the plan however i changed my plan after the plan renewed but before i paid. I was thinking that may have had something to do with it. I have restarted my phone to no effect. Thank you for you response.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I think I know your problem. The plan with 1GB of data is actually $35. It is $30 only if you have autopay and are getting the $5 autopay discount. Consequently, putting $30 on your account with a prepaid card is not autopay and probably did not actually pay for the plan. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My apologies, I was calling it a 30 dollar plan but it was the 35 dollar plan i changed to and payed for. Thank you for you assistance and replys.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.