Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
BOBBNJ's profile

Tutor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, November 8th, 2017 3:10 PM

Can anyone send Text to Norway from AT&T Prepaid ?

We have 2 prepaid AT&T phones in my household.  Neither can send or receive text to Norway. International texting is included in our plan.  We can successfully text from or to  Sweden. What is going on? Using ZTE Maven phones.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

Did you use +47 ,drop the 0 in front of the Norway number and sent.??

They might take a while to sent or receive.

Tutor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Yes -- used + and no 0 in front of Norway +47 ... numbers.  The numbers worked OK for texting until about the first or second week in October.  We can call Norway cell phones with these numbers. Checked today and text to Sweden number works OK.

Tutor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Using numbers from contacts that worked up until Oct.3.  Also doesn't address fact that Norway numbers cannot text to me.

Tutor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Grandfathered (1$ per day) plan seems to have blocked Norway for some reason, even though my plan includes international text messaging and AT&T customer service says that Norway should be included.  Cannot find any simple answers after hours on the phone with AT&T customer service.  Phone was reset to initialize settings and Network has been checked (supposedly per AT&IT customer Svc.) Looks like the only solution is to go to another provider.

Tutor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Problem still exists. Not an issue with the number, phone or SIM card.  Grandfathered plan ( $1 a day plan) software must have gotten messed up and no one at AT&T can help.  Even network management people tried -- seemed very helpful -- but could not find any issue with any of the numbers I used. I really wish someone at AT&T could look into my plans software so see why SMS will not go through to Norway. Could pay per use SMS which should allow Texting with Norway be getting mixed up with unlimited international texting  of some plans that excludes Norway?   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.