For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
2presh's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 20th, 2017 2:38 AM

"Bait & Switch" for AT&T REWARDS CARDS

I signed up with AT&T through a moving package offering $300 in Rewards if you take the full deal of Digital, Internet & Phone. I have been trying to get my Rewards Cards for more than a month. They tell me that even though no one explained anything about the Rewards Cards during sign-up, nor sent me anything about it in the mail or email; I cannot get my Rewards because of their 4 month expiration. The Rewards Department even laughed at me for trying & asking for higher-ups because I didn't feel the mistake was mine. Customer Care did not know who the CEO (Randall Stephenson) of the company was!? No one has offered me credit to my account. Matter-of-fact, they have sent me a cut-off notice for the 20th of March, though my service was paid-in-full in February! 

Community Support

• 

231.8K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @2presh

We saw your post and will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include:

• Name
  • Account number
  • Phone number and the best time to reach you

We will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Bottom line up front: I am moving and it just so happen that ATT sent me a moving mailer that advertised a 400 reward card for transferring services. After being guaranteed the 400, ATT is saying they have no knowledge of the 400 reward and are now only offering me 200. An ATT rep even called me directly and gloated by saying good luck seeing the 400. (She was salty that I cancelled her installation for a 200 reward card and instead I called back ATT for the appropriate 400 reward card.) I have listed what transpired in detail below.

One caveat: I have been with ATT upwards of 14 years (I had a small break in service when I went with another carrier). I have Wireless w/4 lines, Uverse, internet, and Direct TV. 700 dollars of my hard earned money goes to ATT each month.  I am a 4x Iraq war veteran and up and coming elementary school teacher of this nation's youth. I was close to cutting the cord with ATT as I already have alternate resources for media content as many other Americans have already done. The offer of 400 dollars is the sole reason why I chose to continue service. Now I am not getting it? Now I have a 1/2 inch hole drilled into my house after you offered me 400 and switched it to 200. This injustice must not stand. This is my first complaint on a public forum. I typically don’t complain and just grin and bear it but this is unfortunate, at best. If you treat your very best customers like this, than think what they will do to you readers.

THE BAIT

1st event: (1 call, 1fwd to MGR,) 30 mins on the phone

I called in and inquired about these services. The operators I contacted were working from abroad and had no idea what I was talking about.

2nd event: (1 call, 1fwd to MGR,) 2 hrs on the phone

I called in to the number that was on the flier and reached a lady from Austin. She was cordial and friendly. Originally, try to get me a 300 dollar rewards card- move in- bundle deal. (Not what I wanted. I wanted the 400 rewards card as advertised). After profusely, telling me she could give me a 300 rewards without a qualifying bundle (I already have internet at the new house.) Her manager shot that down in flames and said only 200 was available for just Tv. She said she was actually saving me money since I am not getting the internet. (My intent is clear. I wanted the 400 dollar rewards card or I didn’t want anything.

3rd event  (1 call) 40 min on the phone

After rereading the mailer sent by ATT, I could not figure out why I didn’t qualify for the 400 reward card so I called what seemed to be a consummate, professional customer care rep. He told me that my previous operator entered me as a new account and messed everything up and that he would handle it. I asked him profusely if I was going to be awarded the 400 dollar reward card and he gave me every assurance that I would. I didn’t even say goodbye to him. I asked if he was positive that I was getting my 400 dollars and he said yes.

4th event (1 call) 25 min on the phone

The lady from Austin from before called me directly and asked me why I cancelled and why did I mess up her numbers for the month. She was salty at best. I explained to her that I just wanted the best deal possible so I called back and got a better deal. In an arrogant, sulking, childish, scoffing, and sarcastic type of tone she said to me, "Good luck on getting your 400 dollar rewards card. The people here will tell you anything you want to hear to get you enrolled." (or something like that). I brush this to the side and said goodbye. I chalked it all up to her being salty for not making the sale.

THE SWITCH

5th event (3 calls, 1 fwd to manager, 5 fwds to assorted departments) 2 hrs on the phone

The actions of the aforementioned lady from Austin started making me wonder if I was really getting the 400 rewards card. I looked it up on line and lo and behold it showed I was only getting a 200 rewards card. I instantly called the rewards department and got passed around from operator to operator all with the same message. They all stood by the same mantra which is I would have to wait longer see about the rewards card deal that I MAY qualify for. (MAY?  WE HAD AN IRON-CLAD AGREEMENT). Of note, at this point I am already saddened by the hardship I am facing with ATT yet there customer reps continue to upsell me tablets, att fiber, phone, and extra lines on my account. Insult to injury! I already bought something from you. Now fulfill your end of the bargain.

6th event (1 call) 40 mins on the phone

I spoke to a very professional lady from NC and she said that she did see a lot of shenanigans and tomfoolery on my account. She said she would check if there were any manager notes that I wasn’t seeing.  She would schedule a follow up call within 24 hrs with the operator who promised me the 400. It’s been 48 hours and I am not holding my breath for this call. In this particular battle, Goliath has slain David.

In my personal opinion, the actions of ATT in regards to my 400 USD rewards card are unequivocally representative of a bait and switch scheme when dealing with their ATT REWARDS program. This by far is not some happenstance error, system miscue or miscommunication. This is fraudulent behavior in its purest form. I will post this on every yelp, reddit, and public forum until I am heard. Do the right thing, ATT.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

6 years ago

Did you send the private message as requested in the reply to your original post? 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

yes, no response

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.