For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
AJk1248's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Sunday, December 11th, 2016 9:55 PM

Internet Basic 6 Plan

I was wondering if anyone knew if Internet Basic 6 would be fast enough or even good enough for Directv Now to run on? I want to know before I get the Internet service installed on Tuesday. I appreciate any help I get. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

My Thoughts Thank you for responding to my question. No it is the lowest plan they offer in my area. I was looking to keep cost down. Well I will be watching Directv Now and probably have my computer on browsing the web at the same time. I do that all day long. Plus I am a night owl so after I even turn off the computer the TV is still going. So I just don't know if this is a good enough plan for me? Would it support live streaming all the time?  Would I run over on my usage cap? When I asked these question they seemed so sure but I have my doubts after reading things people are saying.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

I can't get universe or Direct TV here. I live in an apartment and they won't let me put up a dish. For some reason Charter has this area blocked off or something for AT&T Universe service. So I found online this Directv Now service too replace Charter Cable which is run off the internet. So this is why I need to know some of this because I didn't think it all the way through before I ordered my service with AT&T internet. I just wanted to get away from Charters high prices. I just want to make sure that I am getting the right plan so I don't go over the cap. Directv Now is run off the internet service and I will probably be surfing the web while watching TV. I turn the computer off but then go to the bedroom where I watch move TV. Which will mean more streaming. I went on AT&Ts site and I don't think I can get anything better. When I tried to put a package together it would only use the Basic 6 plan for internet. I didn't even get to chose. Maybe I should cancel and just wait on this. Thank you for trying to help me to understand. I guess I just don't get it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Basic 6 is terrible for just my husband and I - he'll stream a surf contest and i'll just be just surfing the web or working and our internet seems VERY spotty.  They don't offer fast than Basic 6 in our area so I'm looking at other provider options.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Since I moved I have internet 6 I hate it they will not provide anything else. My recordings on the genie for direct do not work and on demand does not work. I’m paying for those services but cat use them it’s ridiculous. Is there a modem out there that might solve my problem 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Don't do it, it slow, never works and has hidden fees the 55 it's supposed to is always 80 or more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.