For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
bopritchard's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 20th, 2017 11:56 AM

AT&T refuses me DSL service until I cancel current provider

Here is my situation. I have basic phone service with AT&T. That's it, nothing else. I have DSL service through Earthlink. I placed an order with AT&T for DSL service. My intentions were to cancel my Earthlink service after I received equipment from AT&T and verified my service was working. AT&T refuses to place my order until I cancel my existing Earthlink service. Not setup a cancel date in the future, but immediately discontinue my service. Leaving me without internet. I asked the AT&T rep, "how will you know when I cancel my service". She said "we'll just know". I ask, "how long after I cancel will your system be notified". She says "I'm not sure. Maybe a few days. Maybe a week". That is crazy. AT&T is asking me to cancel my only internet connection, wait up to a week before I can even place an order for service. And then wait a few more days for equipment to arrive. This could leave me off line for a couple of weeks. How is that feasible? I'm trying to move my business to AT&T! Why in the world won't they take it?

Does anyone understand what is going on? I've called a few times and spent multiple hours talking to reps and supervisors. They all just repeat the same mantra. "You must cancel your existing service. You must cancel your existing service"

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

One customer had the same situation. Click here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.