For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
cdegreef's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 8:58 PM

Move

Hello U-verse community,

i am planning to move from San Diego to Windham, New Hampshire (03087) . Can I take my present router with me or do I have to initiate and/or  re-install a new high speed internet connection. i cannot say that I am well versed in all things AT&t or computers in general.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

I read a post where someone moved and was able to transfer their service.  However, it wasn't a move as big as yours is.  But for the most part people have had to end their service and return the equipment.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Do you have Uverse or DSL?  With Uverse all the equipment is property of AT&T and must be returned, when you move you would need to close your account and return the equipment per instructions. When you arrive at your new location a new account would need to be set up along with installation.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

The move has to be within the same state to be able to take your equipment with you.  I'm sure the reason behind that is that different regions use different equipment.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

I hadn't thought about the different equipment in different regions.  But I figured transferring accounts from state to state was a no no anyway.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

What about maintaining email addresses?  I am going to be moving from OH to IN and would like to be able to maintain my family's email accounts.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

13 years ago

you can keep your email, just remember , make sure you notate the email *@att.net and your password, if uverse is available in the area of which you are moving if you do self- install make sure that you put ( use a current member id) and you will be able to take your accounts with you

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

good luck with your move and hope that you have better luck than i did.  I just moved across town, scheduled it 10 days in advance.  Had an apt scheduled for them to come out to the new place to install my serivce last Monday.  They didn't show up or even call.  So when I called they could not find any appointment for that day in their system.  So they scheduled me one for the next day, Tuesday.  And they didn't show up on Tuesday and when I called them again I was told that my appointment for Monday was cancelled.  Funny how one day they cannot see it and the next day they can.  It was not the 1st nor the last lie that they told me.  Needless to say I was very upset and after getting the 2nd manager on the line, she hung up on me.  So much for excellent customer serivce.  So now I'm in the process of waring others and reporting them to the BB.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Good luck with your move and hope that you have better luck than i did.  I just moved across town, scheduled it 10 days in advance.  Had an apt scheduled for them to come out to the new place to install my serivce last Monday.  They didn't show up or even call.  So when I called they could not find any appointment for that day in their system.  So they scheduled me one for the next day, Tuesday.  And they didn't show up on Tuesday and when I called them again I was told that my appointment for Monday was cancelled.  Funny how one day they cannot see it and the next day they can.  It was not the 1st nor the last lie that they told me.  Needless to say I was very upset and after getting the 2nd manager on the line, she hung up on me.  So much for excellent customer serivce.  So now I'm in the process of waring others and reporting them to the BB.  
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.