For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
natsnatsnats's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 18th, 2017 9:15 PM

AT&T Technicians/Contractors showing up at my home

Yesterday when I got home from work my dogs were very cautious when they were going outside. One of them refused and stayed inside watching. As I was going out, I noticed that our cooler that was outside had been moved and the dog that went out kept smelling it. I didn't think anything of it and even though my dog's hairs were on end I thought the yard guy had come to mow the lawn (he hadn't, he had gone the previous day) I let it go. As I was outside trying to convince my other dog it was okay to go outside, I heard a voice from my front yard coming towards the back gate.  The lady explained through the fence that her computer had been out for a couple of days and she needed my help because her technician was reluctant to enter my yard because of my dogs and she needed her computer (Internet, im assuming?) THIS BOTHERED ME, BECAUSE SHE SOUNDED UPSET. I WOULD HOPE ANYONE ATTEMPTING TO ENTER MY BACKYARD WITHOUT MY PERMISSION WOULD BE RELUCTANT TO BECAUSE OF MY DOGS. Anyways, I saw the the man's AT&T logo on his shirt and his little computer thing, put my dogs in their crates and let him in. The  (elderly... so harmless?) lady had driven in her car from her home so I'm guessing she was one of the backyard neighbors from the street behind us. The man said that he was afraid to enter because he had seen the doggie door and was afraid the dogs would get out. So he had already been there? Is he the one that moved the cooler and was trying to block the doggie door? He was there for a while, knocked on the front door and told me he was done. I waited for him to leave and inspected what he could have worked on. It seems he added an underground cable (there's a southwestern bell post that says underground wire) as I had not seen it before and it went under our fence to the neighbors (which would explain him going to knock on their door afterwards as well) so the work seemed legit, and he had an AT&T van as well.

Now today, and this is where my concern mostly lies, I got a knock on my door and my dogs went crazy. I went to the window to peek and it was a red pick up truck with a magnetic AT&T contractor sign on the side of the door. I didn't answer. I am not expecting any technicians to come and honestly, in my three years here, I had never had a technician show up unannounced needing to access my backyard to be able to service another neighbor and now I get two, two days in a row? Is that likely? I waited for him to leave and didn't notice a sign left on my door and no one attempted to go into my backyard and I haven't had any neighbors come knocking for help again. Are there legit technicians with regular pick up trucks and magnetized AT&T logos or should I continue being cautious?

And how often do technicians come into people's yard without permission because they're not home? Is this customary?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi-

My name is Kristina. Yesterday I came home around 4:30 to find AT&T Technicians at my house trying to get into my backyard. Kevin one of the technicians said he tried to get into our backyard but our gate had a pad lock on it. I told him if he had gone in my backyard and my dog Rosie was home she would have attacked him. My dog Rosie comes to work with me during the day. I told him the reason my gate had a pad lock on it was last Tuesday someone came into my backyard and let my senior dog out and left the gate open. I asked him if it was AT&T?? He said oh no we would never let your dog out and we would leave a note on the door.  I want to know if AT&T entered my backyard? How do I find this out? Because if my senior dog had gone left instead of right on our road she would have been hit by a car. I filed a police report thinking someone was trying to come into my house.Thank goodness my neighbor found her. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

1E7CF644-F359-4EC6-B89D-56B42437805B.jpeg

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

On Thanksgiving morning this technician decided to break into my backyard by removing the entire latch on the fence leading to my backyard. After I told him to get off my property he exited the backyard and told me he found my gate like that. 

I have 3 large breed dogs and I can’t afford to have a gate that is unlocked. I think it is completely illegal that ATT technicians, contractors, or subcontractors think they can behave this way and not be held legally responsible. The individual should have left my property in handcuffs. 

I wish that that this was the beginning of the story but unfortunately it is not. About a month ago an individual without ID came to my door requesting access stating he was with ATT and i foolishly granted him access to my backyard. He left with his work incomplete and said he would return. A week later another individual with a safety vest and shovel came to my door, unable to communicate with me because he didn’t speak English. He could only gesture and point to the backyard. I didn’t give him access. My yard has been left with holes, dirt and rock thrown everywhere and no one has been held responsible. 

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

5 years ago

Are you saying that you have AT&T equipment in your backyard?  How can that be since AT&T is only allowed to place equipment in utility easements?  Have you checked with your town/city to find out where the easement is located?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

5 years ago

After some additional thought on this, I would guess that whoever put up your fence put it up on the wrong side of your property line and ON TO the utility easement. 

Again, you need to check with your local taxing authority to find out where your property line is and where the utility easement is.  If your fence is encroaching onto the utility easement, you either move the fence or live with giving utility companies unfettered access.  If it was AT&T placing equipment on your property, you can demand that it be moved onto the easement.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.