For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
patiwak123_1's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 5:25 PM

My battery backup is beeping continuously

Over the weekend, my big gray battery started making this terrible beeping noise.

We tried everything to make it stop - and eventually, what ever we did worked.

Now it's doing it again!  Why does this happen, and how do I make it stop?:smileyconfused:

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I was able to solve my issue of a solid beeping battery by plugging the battery directly into the wall, allowing it to charge and the setting it back up. Now the green light is on and working. We will see if this was a temporary or long term fix - just trying to avoid the $100 it will cost to replace the ups.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Pull out the battery and go to Batteries Plus. It's a $40 replacement.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Here's a great, easy and free fix if you don't care about having the 6 hours of voice back up when power goes out. Note: this is for the 5 second interval beeping when there is a/c power and the battery just needs to be replaced. On the front of the box there is a website that starts with http:// and then is a string of numbers. Write that down and the password underneath. Go to the website--this is the actual site for your battery back up unit. Go to the 'Settings' tab and then 'battery back up'. Scroll to the bottom and uncheck the box that says "Battery audible alert." This simply silences the beeping, but does not fix the fact that your battery is at the end of it's useful life. Peace at night is now mine. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

My battery backup has a silent switch on the front.

BBU

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Please tell me how to stop the beeping during a power outage. Our power has been out for about 4 hours due to Hurricane Matthew and not forcasted to be back on for a few days. I'm about to loose my mind with the constant beeping!!!

Update...Found the silent switch!!! Sweet Silence!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I want to learn more about the Sump pump Backup Battery
Can you people direct me to any useful resource.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.