For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
SigPiPup's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, March 31st, 2014 1:16 PM

WD MyCloud and external connectivity issues.

I have had my WD My Cloud set-up since The beginning of 2014. It has worked flawlessly other than the slow (100Mbs), non-gigabit, service provided by the 2Wire routers. I can access the My Cloud through my LAN, but when I try to access it remotely through my iPhone, of even the computer, it no longer works. When I email links for files from the My Cloud for friends and family to access, it no longer works and it worked fine a couple of weeks ago.

All of these functions worked up until very recently, I'd say within the month.

Can you help me fix this problem or give me an explanation as to why functionality would change for this device all of a sudden. All software and hardware for the MyCloud is up to date. This has to be an issue with the gateway.

I have searched this forum and while there is a related post to this one, there was never a definitive answer the the question. Just links to other issues that didn't solve this particular problem.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@SigPiPup 

Have you not gotten any communications from Western Digital.  I recieved and email last week and another one again this morning:

*** Please do NOT reply to this email ****

Dear WD Customer,

We continue to make progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers, but some users continue to experience intermittent connectivity and transfer speed issues. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service for everyone as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Western Digital

It's not your internet that's the issue, it's on WD.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Ok. How about this, since there appears to be difficulty finding a solution to my problem.

Will all of my problems be fixed if I run my own wireless router behind the RG? Is that just the better way to go? If so, what exactly will be the improvements/benefits? I won't ask how to set that up since that seems to be a popular option.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Well that answers that question. Thank You!!

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

You're welcome.  I'm surprised you haven't gotten any emails from them.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

That is strange. I'm registered with then so unsoiled have. Apparently there still isn't a fix for the issue and they aren't being too forthcoming with ETAs. Hopefully soon.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Did you get this to work? My own MyCloud Home device was working great too until a couple months ago. I put it on a Spectrum network at my office and it works flawlessly with UPnP Enabled!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.