For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
DawgPoundMBA's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, December 19th, 2013 6:33 PM

Setting up the Asus RT-AC68U Router with ATT Uverse Gateway (QoS)

I am about to set up the Asus RT-AC68U Router with my ATT Uverse Gateway mostly because I am interested in using the QoS (Quality of Service) functionality to improve my online gaming and streaming experience and the wireless performance of the ATT Gateway is poor overall.  Currently I am using a Linksys N+ dual band router but I want the AC network connectivity for my new devices along with QoS.

Does anyone have any advice on setting up this device (potentially with a link to instructions or configuration recommendations) to ensure it goes as smoothly as possible?  Does anyone have and experience or advise using a router with QoS with the Gateway?

http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC68U/

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

What gateway do you have?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

lll have to check when I get home.  It is about 2-3 years old and it is wireless G.  It is lighter in color.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the link.  Do you know anything specific that I should be aware of when using QoS with the Gateway?

It looks like I have the 2Wire i38HG.  Is there a better one to use for my purpose?

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I do not, sorry.  I deal with IP Business Phone Systems and when we activate QoS on a network for our IP phones we use Diffserv 46.  It's already built into most switches and routers so it's more of an option you flag to turn on and from there, as I like to say, it's pure magic!!

Oh as for the i38HG AT&T has a new router out that's the NVG589 and that will get rid of what you have.  Has "N" wireless, gigabit ethernet ports, etc.  Will do pair bonded installs (what you have now with the iNID) and depending on your sync rate you might be able to get the Power 45 internet service.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I haven't used QoS before but I am looking to give primary bandwidth to online gaming and skype and low priority to facebook at guest devices.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

BeebeeSA - Thanks for providing that link.  I have it set up now and it is working great!  The QoS within the router really is making a difference.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.