For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
joewray's profile

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

Friday, February 17th, 2017 3:54 PM

Pace 5268AC Internet Goes Down Every 3 Weeks

My internet has gone down about every 3 weeks - 4 times in the last 3 months.  I reset the modem and everything is fine until the next outage but the 3rd time it happened I had the AT&T tech come out.  He said my connection at the switching station near my house hadn't been upgraded and he corrected that.  He also found a small nick in the wiring insulation coming into the house which he said could cause it going down and he fixed it.

The modem went down again 4 days ago and I'm now waiting for another tech to come today.  Given the regular timing of the outages, I suspect something's wrong with the 5268 modem.

If not resolved this time, I plan on canceling Uverse and going to Time Warner.  Does anyone have any idea of the cause?

Thanks in advance.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

Community Support

• 

231.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hello joewray,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We will be glad to help. Usually, if we see something go out at a regular time interval, the issue lies with an outside factor that triggers it. If there is any event that you can think of that occurs around the time that your services go down, that could be the culprit. Due to the long time interval, it is hard to think of anything that may trigger it. Something like a HAM radio may be the issue if your neighbor is running a broadcast once every 3 weeks. We would like to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Provide your name, 9 digit U-verse account number, and phone number. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

Tech replaced modem with new one about a week ago. So far, so good-speeds seemed to have improved somewhat, but I'll post in a few weeks with status. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.