For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
DGB2017's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 14th, 2018 12:46 AM

Other customers in Newcastle California paying for internet and getting erratic, poor download speed

I have just found out that multiple people in our neighborhood, zip 95658, have had visits from ATT service people, multiple calls to customer service, purchased new routers and done all kinds of things to try to address their terrible internet stuttering, freezing, slow downloads etc. as we have been misled into believing it is our own hardware. When it is happening to everyone in the neighborhood it is not our problem. Yet when one tech put in a work order to fix two main cables he said were the cause of the problem the supervisor denied the work order. And they continue to send out techs and not address this problem. How many other people in our community are having this issue?  

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

6 years ago

In your shoes, I'd organize a campaign to have everyone in the neighborhood who is currently experiencing the problem to open a call with AT&T on the same day, as close to the same time as possible.  If they can't be home to meet a technician, anytime soon, make an appointment at some point in the future anyway.

That might force your local shop manager to fix the underlying problem to clear all the calls rather than keep rolling trucks to not fix the problem. 

This is assuming that the tech is correct.  I don't really know what the tech might be talking about with "two main cables."  Sounds a bit doubtful.  Can you describe your testing a bit further?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I will talk to tech when he makes the third call to my house tomorrow. But when everyone in the neighborhood has problems you can figure it is not our personal equipment like they keep suggesting. Right?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

6 years ago

@DGB2017 wrote:
I will talk to tech when he makes the third call to my house tomorrow. But when everyone in the neighborhood has problems you can figure it is not our personal equipment like they keep suggesting. Right?

Sometimes there is more than one person in an area with in-home or usage issues.  Each tech is working in isolation, he doesn't get the big picture.  But when you have a large number of calls in a given area, somebody might notice.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.