For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Shaba8's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Monday, September 19th, 2016 5:36 PM

Intermittent DSL & WiFi

Been having same issue for over a month. Still intermittent Wifi. Have utilized on line support, chat support, jspoke to support several times. Each time Wifi is restored. Bought NEW modem directly from ATT. Set up no problems. Had Wifi less than 24 hours. Even had 2 technician come & check. Both claiming problem resolved. STILL same, Wifi may work for 5 minutes or 2 days. Still unresolved. Since ALL my services, that means ALL home phone, wireless (data usage, & Direct TV, services are effected, and/or lost. No Wifi means High data 4G use, landline loud static, DIRECT TV-loss of all internet service & connection. PLEASE HELP!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Hello again everyone!!! It has now been ONE WEEK since I posted my continuous problems. Well guess what?? Received polite reply from Customer Service asking all my account numbers & information. They would contact further ASAP. WRONG!!! It's been a full week. The ONLY difference IS, I decided to go ahead and pay my bill with the ADDITIONAL $60 overage charges, to avoid further problems. WRONG AGAIN!!!! There was ACTUALLY a LATE FEE ADDED ALSO!! True it was day after due. For some insane reason, I had BELIEVED 3 different reps, who ASSURED me ANY OVERAGE charge would be WAIVED! So I keep calling & waiting for the waiver to show. WRONG AGAIN!!!!! Will someone, ANYONE, please direct me to ANY Department, Person, Support, Techinical!! For ANY & ALL AT&T services!!! Because EVERY SINGLE ONE of my inclusive Home Phone, Wireless Phone, DSL Internet WiFi, EVEN Direct TV, and NOW Billing!! And for any AT& T personnel who MIGHT read this... I went back through my account & usage.. The FIRST time I contacted AT&T about ALL these problems was 2 MONTHS AGO!!!!! Help!!! Even though it will be ALOT of trouble, I am at the point to throw in the towel!!! EVEN with the inconvenience, installation, changes EVERTHING, at least I would HAVE the services I am paying for!!!! And of course, there are all sorts of promotions for NEW customers!! I fulfilled ALL my contracts years ago!! So, there would be NO fee. All I have been TRYING to get for TWO months is AT&T services to WORK CORRECTLY!

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

8 years ago

This is shown as resolved. Was it, and dod you get shafted ?

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @Shaba8,

Do you still require assistance? I think most of us skipped over this because it shows solved! But if you still need assistance then please send me a private message with your account information and I will work this as my first case tomorrow morning when I come in. I will can certainly try to fix all of your issues.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

To reply to FLADAVE...... I was attempting to reply to your question (which is NOT an easy task) and BANG !!! Another Surprise Message... But I will STILL advise you of the events (or lack of) from Monday morning until JUST NOW........ """"""""HARDLY!!! I posted my 2nd post in the AT&T forum yesterday, stating, no progress. Within 3 HOURS a green check appears on my post stating SOLVED‼️ Where, When, How, by Who⁉️ 🔹#➊ Last night & AGAIN & today, my DSL & WiFi MAY have been "up" 2 hrs TOTAL, maybe?. And the entire rest of the time, I am just adding $up & $up 4G Data! WHY?? I'm sure you can verify this... 95% of my usage was on AT&T, Trying to see IF or HOW it was really RESOLVED, all, at a snails pace on 4G, which kept crashing! 🔹#➋When I received 2 separate calls on my (land line)- wireless home phone, there is STILL so much static, I had to RETURN call on my cell phone!! #🔹#➌My family was extremely "vocally frustrated" regarding SO MANY Direct TV features NOT working due to NO WiFi. Especially on a Sunday (Sportsday)! So AGAIN.. does this sound "SOLVED?" One of the MANY issues that I'm trying to "accomplish" is to SIMPLY provide my account information AGAIN (no exaggeration for - at LEAST 20th time either on line, chat, or phone(which is Totally ABSURD)!! If I have the ability to access both previous emails & forum activity, by simply entering phone number or account number, SO DO YOU!! Especially since all 4 are BUNDLED TOGETHER!! It's NOT A BIG DEAL or SECRET! But here it is... ONCE AGAIN!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

We have the same problem with our DSL. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]I personally think it's a way to increase our data usage. It stops working every night while we are doing school work or processing data for work. I am so tired of calling, chatting and emailing!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

MaddieJ.... Did you ACTUALLY "Accept Solution" as it appears on your post??? Mine have shown that twice & NOTHING has changed!!! And NOW even my 6 pm post shows Acept Solution !!!! All that has transpired is that I HAVE replied by "personal message" 2 times. What for????? To ONCE AGAIN give ALL my account(S) information!!!!! RIDICULOUS !! They know if we go over our Data Allowance by the SLIGHTEST bit, but the HUGE MODERN CORPORATION of AT& T can NOT keep track of a customer account by simple phone number or name after 20 odd times!! I worked in a call center 28 years. "Pulling an Account" is NOT a difficult, time consuming task. It is done on 95% of the calls. From the number of posts reporting of the exact same UNTRUE "Solved " , this is a VERY common occurrence. I even have a Customer Care email STATING that, mine "was probably overlooked because it showed "SOLVED"

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Hi, if you have Direct TV and connected to the WIFI you have to make sure your internet speed is more than 18 Mbps for down load speed. If the speed is not fast enough for your need your connection will keep dropping. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Shaba8, If you only have DSL service and the fastest speed DSL can offer is onl 3-6Mbps and if you have more than 5 devices connected to the modem and when the speed is not enough for your need it will cause the modem reboot ( lights flashing ) then the connections drops.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Ok everyone.... 1st & foremost... NOT one single issue has been resolved!! NOT ONE. I admit, I have NOT even attempted to contact AT&T in over 2 weeks. Why?? Because, I am so totally FRUSTRATED at RE-Telling the ENTIRE situation over again, only to be placed on hold for quite a while, then being told I need to call ANOTHER number & once AGAIN RE-Explain. 5 mins ago, I gave in & paid the SIXTY DOLLAR $60 OVERAGE CHARGE on my wireless bill. The only reason being, today was the LAST day Before Due Date. If you have even ONE PAST DUE BILL, if or when you need to open another AT&T account you will be Charged a DEPOSIT BEFORE they will begin service. Either way, you're "taken", by the BIG AT&T yet again. A relative has offered to call on this situation on my behalf, as I am not able to be even polite to the poor representative who would answer my call. I DID stop by the SPRINT Store & T-Mobole today. Got some very interesting & COMPETITIVE, if not preferred package plans. I just do NOT have the patience or time to deal with this longer than the nearly 3 MONTHS!! My posts in late September kept showing "RESOLVED"..... WRONG!!! And get this.... The NEW AT&T Thanks Program does NOT even show my information benefits correctly. And there is NO contact link, phone or email!!! I have 5 services with AT&T. Gold Level requires 3 services, & Platinum requires 4 services. I Have 5!! However, I show as a GOLD Member with Gold Benefits. Does ANY service or program display correct information or any service operate CORRECTLY??? I have paid AT&T nearly $40 000 in the last 10 years alone. I've had service with Bell South/AT&T for 41 years. I won't even attempt to calculate that figure. But I can say that from my very first home phone, first cell phone, first internet, email, ALL I have ever had WERE with BellSouth/AT&T. It appears, it's finally "time for a change." And MANY MANY others are following the trend.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi, we're having the same problem. Eevery month, we suposedly go over our allotted 150G usage, however, there are times of the day that we have no access!!! Nada!! ZIP!! ZERO! I call and get transferred around and around. As soon I ask them to repeat their name, the line gets staticy or they hang up. I've been on the phone for 90 minutes!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.