For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
sasinger62's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 4:59 AM

Having issues with UVerse freezing

Can you please help?  UVerse and DVR both freeze intermittently.  Will be ok for a while; then all the sudden, you can hardly watch a show.

I have loaded screen shots from UV Realtime.

Stats-2014-07-21-22-48-52.png

ErrorTable-2014-07-21-22-49-25.pngBitloading-2014-07-21-22-49-38.pngCoaxHPNA-2014-07-21-22-49-47.png

I went to the link listed here for the Extended Test.  I made screen shots of the Event Log, but it's too big to attach here.  The main error over and over was "Unknown Inbound Session Stopped".  I also received the following error when trying to run diagnostics.  "Gateway Authentication Failure.  Contact you System Administor".

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Attachments

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

If it has occured in the 3 days you show the Realtime screen shots, there's nothing there showing a cause for the freezing.

I see in my logs 'unknown inbound session stopped', meaning a scanner or hacker is trying to get into your RG, normal RG firewall occurance.

When is it actually freezing?  Time, channel, etc. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi sasinger62,

I recommend having your service performance tested by us to identify if additional interruptions are found in the performance history. I'm sorry you are experiencing these interruptions, I will be glad to help diagnose the issue and have it fixed. Please send your account information to ATTU-verseCare to begin investigating your service performance.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you!  I have emailed them my account information as requested.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

It has been almost non-stop all weekend!  I haven't had it on today to see how it's doing, but over the weekend the TV was on almost continuous and the freezing was so much that one couldn't even follow the plot of the movie.  There were a couple hours Sunday afternoon when it was ok and again late Sunday.  It is very intermittent and on all channels.

I will try to keep a log to see if that helps.

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I have been having the same problem for two months straight since I moved into a new residence. we've had ATT Uverse out here 10 times.

The last guy told me the cable on my street is not up to code, it's old lead cable and it should be twisted pair. 

By any chance do you live in Taylors SC? 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

LOL  No, I live in Texas!  But my feeling is it is network related since there seems to be a lot of people all over the country with the same issues.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I live in Miami, Florida and I've had the same problem for years, have changed the gateway two times and the problem recurrs, may be the 2Wire 3800 HGV-B has some internal undisclosed problem.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.