For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
BumPanda's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018 4:49 AM

Daily UVERSE/Internet drop

As title says, every day I experience at least 1 internet drop. I have ATT UVERSE. I am usually able to fix it by resetting the router after about 10 minutes but when I try to troubleshoot on the app it always just tells me I need a tech to be dispatched..I have had 2 techs come, first time they replaced my cord to the box and the second time the tech didn't do anything and said to ignore the message. Does anyone else have a similar situation or a fix? I am in the San Diego area. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Is there anything I can do about that or should I tell the tech tomorrow
about that?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

You have the data now. It’s their responsibility to give you a clean connection. They have the tools and knowledge to make it happen. It may take several attempts to resolve depending on the root cause. Could be wiring or bad cards. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

UPDATE: Rockstar tech came out, told him everything recommended and he found my box was very messy and had clean up my line 1. Also found that my line 1/2 are flipped on the router, not a huge issue but made t/s a little more difficult. All has been well since friday with no drops in connection and faster speeds than before. Going to mark this as solved. Thank you all!

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

@BumPanda

Glad to see this.  In general I would say you should be set for some time, meaning the connection characteristics should not change, although now that you understand a little more about your service, keep an eye on that broadband tab.  Should never have CRC errors for instance or red lights.

And FWIW, you and I have the same exact physical connection type, but for for whatever reason, ATT is refusing to change my profile from 75M to 100M.  I am very close to the VRAD and in fact my raw connection speed is well in excess of 200Mbps.

Cheers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.