For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
okieguy's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, June 26th, 2014 1:43 AM

DVD player internet connection

I just got Uverse this week and went about setting up the internet connection for my DVD player (to use Netflix, Vudu etc).  I can connect to the wireless network, but I can't get a wired connection to work.  The Uverse modem/router is right next to the DVD player so it seemed like a good idea.  I would prefer a wired connection over wireless because I think it will be faster and hence stream better.

Anwyays I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  It's a Sony BDP-S390.  Is there somewhere I can go to figure out the IP address, gateway, dns and all that stuff?  I tried an auto setup, but that didn't work, so it looks like I will have to manually enter all this information into the DVD player.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @okieguy ,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your DVD player, but I will be glad to help. The first thing you may want to try is the Ethernet connection going to the DVD player. Try to plug a laptop or another device using the same Ethernet cable going to the DVD player to see if it gets assigned an IP address. If not, it may be a defective cable.

To manually configure it, if you have left the U-verse router on default settings:

IP address: 192.168.1.50 (You can actually use anything from 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.253, but I would suggest using something below 192.168.1.64)

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.254

DNS address: (You can actually use any DNS server out there, but here are a few that you can choose from)

Hope this helps.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks that worked.  Pretty sure I also had a bad cord as well.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

That's great to hear! I am glad everything is working!

-David T

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

I hqave to say, I was totaly facinated to read about your dvd with the internet connection, as I had no idea that was even a thing.

The setup instrections for the connection were very educational. Seriously, thanks for sharing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.