For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
d4diesel's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, October 27th, 2013 11:06 PM

Customer purchase of gateway

Can you suggest a gateway that I can purchase the would provide U-verse vdsl2 internet service?  I have no need for TV or u-verse VOI phone service. All I require is  internet service. I'd like to use my own router (wired and/or wireless).I'd like to use the DMZ feature so I can use my own router.   Any suggestions are grealy appreciated!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I was able to locate this for you:

1.  Activated DMZPlus on the 5031NV.

2. Rebooted my router.

3. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, unchecked Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.

4. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I checked everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS.

5. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I unchecked NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.

6. On the 5031NV RG in Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration, I uncheckedUncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them).

7.  Disabled WiFi on the 5031NV RG.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I believe this is the newest one offered: http://www.pace.com/americas/products/gateways/vdsl/5031nv/  You have to buy it if you only want internet service.  Cost: $100.  Might be able to find one on ebay?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks !   Can I purchase this pace gateway as part of an online order or do I need to speak with a u-verse salesperson? I'm going to try this at home first.  Then I'm going to do the same at our office.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

One last question. Can you give me a link to specific instructions on how to connect  this my exisitng router? I'd like to use my exisitng router as my DHCP server.  Thank you !

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.