For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
aquaskot8's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, December 1st, 2011 2:12 AM

Cost of an iNID plugged in to a power source yr round?

I recently switched my mom to ATT for her TV (uverse) and internet.

Today they came to install and told us that they would have to mount an outside box (iNID?) to our house and use a power source in our garage in order for it to work. Apparently we are 4000 ft away from the home office, rather than 3000? 

Because we are doing this for cost issues, my mom wanted to wait and find out how much it would cost have this plugged in yr round as it it tough times finanically for her. A box on the outside of our house isn't ideal either, but we'll deal if it's worth it.

Ran across this site. Anyone know how many watts/kWh the device the are talking about will use? I have my mom's electric bill so if I can find out the watts or amps etc I can calculate how much it will cost her for the yr. 

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks guys!

Never done a thread like this so a great suprise so many people willing to help!

Called the installer to read the info off the equipment.

I'm also going to go purchase one of those electricity readers from Home Depot. Great Xmas gift idea.

The charge will be minimal, I understand. Was simply trying to provide my mom with a specific # since she was a little off put by them adding a box to the outside of her house and using another plus in the garage year round. That's it. Thanks again! have a great holiday!!

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

Glad we could be of assistance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.