For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Jmurph081269's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 14th, 2017 6:30 PM

Can’t get WiFi calling to work with Home Phone and Internet router (Z700A)

I get internet through the ATT Wireless Home Phone and Internet product, which is a Z700A model router. I have connected my iPhone 7 to the Z700As WiFi, verified I can get out to webpages, etc, so normal stuff works as expected. What does not work is WiFi calling from the iPhone. This is a problem because I live on the edge of service and while the Z700As antennas allow it a sufficient connection to the att network (along with its location in my attic) the iphones antenna, combined with not being used in the attic, bounce between no service and 1 bar. 

Questions:

1. Should WiFi calling work through the z700a network out of the box?

2. If not, what configuration settings need to be changed to enable it to?  

I have read this att doc https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1114459 but so far as I can tell none of these things are blocked, unless some other parent setting that’s disabled out of the box (e.g. VPN passthrough) is impacting this. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Answered my own question by enabling VPN passthrough (under Setting-> Advanced -> Router). That solved the problem. Odd that it isn’t enabled out of the box, or at least that there isn’t a clear notice that it is required to be enabled in order to use WiFi calling. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Were is this located,I have a note 5. I just upgraded to 10+ but it won't be in for a week. My Wi-Fi worked just fine until this past few days. Im obj call on the weekends and I live in the rural areas so Wi-Fi calling is what I depend on. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.