For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Dave_Trowbridge's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, March 15th, 2017 7:09 AM

Can I use the Belkin Rev B battery backup with the Arris NV599?

We have AT&T U-verse with Internet Basic 6 and Unlimited Phone. No TV or VoIP. AT&T recently upgraded our gateway to the Arris NVG599. If I install the gateway's internal battery at a cost of $40, I understand that it will only power a phone when there's a power failure, and will drop all Internet connections.

We have a 14 kW standby generator that powers the whole house, but it takes 5-10 seconds to come online, and will thus interrupt our Internet service. However, I still have the Belkin Rev B battery backup unit from the previous installation (which prevents such an interruption) and would like to use it with the Arris NVG599 to bridge the generator startup gap.

I've looked at the Belkin specs and can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. The plug polarity is the same (a line over three dashes), and the Belkin has plenty of power. Would this be OK?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your prompt reply.

In our case, the Belkin was supplied by AT&T for use with the Arris NVG510 that the NVG599 is replacing and it worked just fine. I will check to see if there's any issue with the plug on the new router such as you describe, but I suspect there won't be. If not, am I to assume that the Belkin will be OK?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I see what you mean about the plug not going all the way in. Odd that the AT&T tech installed it.

Anyway, I'll see if I can revive an old APC unit we have to use with the NVG599.

Thanks for your help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.