For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Larry Roberts's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Monday, June 26th, 2017 9:11 PM

Belkin battery with ATT Uverse 5268AC(FXN) WiFi Gateway Replacement

After some internet trouble I was sent an ATT Uverse 5268AC(FXN) WiFi Gateway Replacement and now it is time to return the old equipment, a 2 Wire3800HGV-B and its power supply.

At some point I got a Belkin Battery Back-up Unit and the 2Wire unit was connected to it.

Question 1:

I found a Cisco 30W power adapter in my chargers and cables drawer which I think is the unit that came with the 2Wire but I'm looking for confirmation on that point.

Question 2:

Can I use the new WiFi Gateway unit with the Belkin Battery Back-Up?

Thanks for your attention.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

According to what was available, the 5268AC has an internal BBU.

"If your Wi-Fi gateway has a slot for an internal battery like the Pace 5268AC or Arris NVG589 and NVG599, you have the option to purchase an internal battery backup."

I do not believe that the old external BBU can be used.  Unfortunately, it cannot be returned when you return the old modem.  You'll need to find somewhere to dispose of it.  I took mine to a Batteries Plus store.

(edited)

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your help on the battery backup unit.  With regard to the power supply I found this information:

"Genuine Cisco AT&T Uverse 30w Cable Box AC Adapter Compatible Part Numbers: 1010533, 2103-30212025R, ADS0361-U120250"

I used to have Uverse TV with a DVR and that "cable box" language makes me wonder if the power adapter I found went with it rather than the 2Wire gateway.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

You might want to take any thing in question with you to the UPS store.  They maybe can identify the cords and adapters.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, the brick I found is indeed 30W, 12V, 2.5A.  I'm going to declare victory and move on.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I need power cord for model 5268

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.