For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
TimTalksMoney's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 1st, 2019 2:49 PM

ATT Technicians are Terrible and Here's Why

I took a YouTube video detailing all of my problems and it is titled AT&T technicians are terrible and here's why 2019.

Today is March 1st 2019 since November 1st of 2018 between my wife and I we have had to schedule 9 technicians to come out to my home which is an average of two technicians per month which averages out one technician every two weeks. AT&T we had to make five calls in December to AT&T we had to make three calls in January to AT&T and seven in February to AT&

Five of these times we had to schedule a technician to come out because there was a technician working on our neighbor's internet and they would shut hours off and we would call AT&T saying hey there's a technician outside right now working on our neighbors stuff and they just showed hours off AT&T would apologize and reassure us that we would have internet with in 1 hour and then 3 hours later we still have no internet the technicians gone we're calling AT&T to get internet and then they will tell us that they can't get someone out for another six days so it would go from one phone call will have internet in 1 hour to the next phone call will have internet in 6 days and before I worked online I work from home I remind you I work online so when I don't have internet I lose about $80 a day and I only get a credit of $1.36 every day I lose Internet so used to be a supervisor before I started working online from home and I know for a fact if I did something incorrect or I messed up at my job and I went home the very first thing I would have to do the very next day with fixed whatever I messed up no matter what fix the problem you messed it up you fixed it that's a priority but AT&T doesn't see it that way and I don't understand they'll tell me I'll have internet in an hour and then I can't get it for another 6 days so yesterday I'm on the phone and I telling the lady exactly what happened and I've said this is happened four times now please do not put me on hold and tell me that you can't get someone on for another 6 days she put me on hold to get with dispatch and says that we can't get somebody out until next Wednesday which is exactly 6 days from yesterday which was Thursday so that's happened five times now not only that the technician yesterday that was working on my neighbors internet just left the entire box on the ground where all my wires and cables were open to the weather animals children and we had a snow last night so before it started snowing I had to go out and place the canister back on the cables so there wouldn't be shortages power surges or any more damage that will has already been incurred since it was just laying there. So five of the schedule technicians we're due to a technician doing a job incorrectly by working on somebody else's internet and shutting mine off four of these nine have been due to connectivity issues mainly because the cables weren't buried show maintenance ran over the cables with the lawn mower because they weren't properly installed.  I'm so unhappy with my service right now and I don't know what to do I've filed complaints and I feel like it's a fight in a battle between my neighbors because I don't feel like these technicians are confident in what they are doing because if they were there would not be a technician in my neighborhood every single week I feel like it's a fight with my neighbor's so when the neighbor has an internet issue they'll call AT&T a technician will come out fix their internet shut somebody else's off or mine and then I'll call to get mine hooked back up they'll fix mine shut somebody else's off and it's Ludacris and asinine completely pandemonium. I recorded the entire conversation on YouTube last night so I had a informed timeline I had exact information from the AT&T representative informing me how many phone calls we made how many times a technician has been scheduled how many times it technician has actually arrived and the title of that is AT&T service is terrible and here's why 2019 you can find my YouTube page called Tim talks making money.  where I teach people how to make money online like I do but I can't do that when I don't have internet and I can't even schedule these things anymore I can't schedule webinars for my viewers and my subscribers because you owe AT&T service cannot guarantee me 100% connection every two weeks I have a technician out here so there is no way that I'm going to schedule a rep webinar for my subscribers so I can teach them on the off chance that I might schedule it on Saturday and a technician might be out on Friday working on somebody else's internet and shut mine off because it's happened 5 times now in 4 months and then I'll get told that I won't have internet can't get anyone out for another 6 days so there'll be six days of no internet no teaching to my subscribers and then one time AT&T representative actually recommended me purchasing a second internet provider as a backup and I said that's I can't believe you even said that that you're recommending me getting a second internet service because you can't guarantee your service I shouldn't have to pay for two internet providers so I have a backup on one that should be guaranteed in the first place and I just could not believe what came out of her mouth and what I listen to but if  I have to buy a second internet service for a back-up plan because AT&T can't guarantee me a consecutive service that literally came out of an AT&T Representatives mouth recommending me getting a second internet provider because she could see how many issues I have how frequently I have and could not guarantee that they would be fixed all the time because I told her I said don't tell me that it's we're not going to have issues anymore because I've been told that three times now every time you talk to an AT&T representative they'll tell you they apologized a technician come out they'll fix it and you won't have any issues anymore and I just say I don't even want to hear that because look at my history.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have asked for this to be moved up to the chain to some higher-ups people in management because I guarantee people management owners of the company do not know this is going on if people in the places of power in the company knew this kind of service was being handled with my account and how often this was happening how many times a technician has to come out here I think ultimately they would make a decision and say we're going to fix the entire situation instead of sending them out every week because in the long run it might save money in my cost more money to fix whatever's the issue up front but it has to save money in the long run for a technician not to be in my neighborhood on a weekly basis.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for sharing your situation, I can understand your frustration. I wanted to make sure you understood that this is public forum for customers to offer help to each other; we're all users, like you. AT&T will occasionally monitor posts here, but it can be spotty.

Good luck with your issues.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.