For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Roadwarrior50's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 27th, 2017 9:58 PM

server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified.

I have used ATT (through SWBELL.Net) for years for my email through Outlook and updated connection requirements, which don't seem to have changed for several months now --- the Incoming server (POP3) is port 995 and select SSL from the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down. The Outgoing server (SMTP) is port 465 with SSL.

However I am getting this error message "'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'"

The message comes across seeming radomly (no such thing as random). What is the solution? I am thinking of going to gmail.

Community Support

• 

231.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Roadwarrior50,

On this page you will see a section named Internet Hot Topics. You will find a link labeled Email Troubleshooting. Click on that, you will find some troubleshooting information there. If you are on a browser, the link will be to the right. If you are on a mobile device, scroll down to find it.

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I've got the same problem here. Everything was fine, and now this. I'm using Outlook as well. Can't you just tell us what ATT changed, instead of telling us to use a troubleshooter that basically just locks up my computer, and never finds any issue, please?

Thomas

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.