For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
rjh144's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 5:43 PM

sbcglobal.net address is no longer receiving mail

My yahoo.com email address is still properly receiving email, but my sbcglobal.net address does not seem to be associated with the yahoo account anymore.  I had been receiving emails at the sbc address up until 12/29/17, but have not received on at that address since.  I've also tried logging into the sbc account from the start.att.net account, but it just bounces me to my yahoo account.

I've tried sending email to both the yahoo and sbcglobal email addresses from a third address.  The yahoo addressed emails are coming through, but the sbcglobal addressed emails are not.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I can check the server settings. I tried the secure email key a couple weeks ago on the Gmail app, but it did not help. On Gmail I enter my username and password, then agree to the terms, and then I get a screen that has an error #404 not found in server. However I get a AT&T email that a new device signed on. Very strange.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I tried the secure email key a couple weeks ago on the Gmail app, but it did not help. On Gmail I enter my username and password, then agree to the terms, and then I get a screen that has an error #404 not found in server.

Wait.  When you said "Gmail app" I thought you were referring to an email client app (e.g., Thunderbird, Outlook, mobile email client apps, etc.).  The behavior you are describing, i.e., logging in, agreeing to the OATH (?) terms, 404 not found) sounds like you are using a browser trying to access the webmail except there is no such thing as a gmail browser.  So you got me confused.Is there such thing a as a gmail app that actually is an email client?

If it is a browser the secure mail key is for email client apps only, not for browser webmail access.  To repeat, for browsers the server settings info and the secure mail key do not apply.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I was using the Gmail app on my Android phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My att.net e-mail address that Covad routed to Yahoo mail long ago is no longer accessible on Yahoo and no longer downloads to my computer based email on Live Mail.  I no longer have an e-mail account with att per se. 

Yahoo says they don’t service att.net accounts anymore and att says I don’t have an account with them for email. I do have att mobility and long distance. 

Where are my emails going now? How do I access them? 

HELP! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I cannot receive emails on either of our iPhones and our laptop, I have an sbcglobal.net address. I have re-entered both User ID and password (tried old passwords as well). Yahoo has been the server. The message shown states invalid ID; one time we got as far as asked security questions, and the answers we have(written/recorded) did not agree. My husband has been asked numerous times in the past on the iPhone to reset the password and always use the same method. It's been 4 days since receiving our last email on Monday 1/14. This has created a huge problem, my company has just been sold and everything is going electronic and I can't get any info for setting anything up with the new company within the time/schedule they've provided me. Please help, what is going on?

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

It is a hassle agreed, but don't worry, this is a problem that has been discussed and solved on the forum. Please see the thread below in this reply and look for those solutions that mention setting up a new Yahoo account on your mobile device and also others found success with a security key.

More detailed discussion on this thread:

"imap.mail.att.net is not responding"

Hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You have to call att.net and get them to register your email bc Yahoo no longer supports att.net mail after being bought out by Verizon. After 4 days they finally responded to a bad survey I left and I had 600+ emails downloaded 😳
Good luck. 🍀

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me. Ever since the split, my yahoo emails stopped receiving emails since 2017. I tried to sign in but it is not showing my emails, my mailbox stopped receiving emails from the day the split started. Please help. 

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

Are you referring to your Outlook, mobile or web-mail account?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.