For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
PeteWashington's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, January 19th, 2018 3:38 AM

inbound.att.net is not responding

I have a ATT/Yahoo email address. The inbound.att.net server is not responding. I have tried pinging it with 3rd party connection sites (is it down and web site down) neither can connect to it. Is it down says that it may be down for a week. Any one know what the problem might be.

Thanks

Pete 

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

Their attention to detail is most obvious - their msg about att/yahoo mail
- their link doesn't even work.

This forum also keeps me from signing on after a while, Says my id and
password are incorrect, I keep the same password and know it. When I ask
for an email to reset it - the email usually arrives the next day and when
I try to use it it comes back with an expired msg - been to long.

I can reply without signing on.
Dear AT&T Yahoo Mail member,
Exciting news! We're upgrading your desktop email experience with faster
speed, fresh design, and new features to keep you organized. Look for these
changes over the next few weeks or visit our website

for a preview.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Hey, I finally found this thread!

Yeah, inbound disappears for days at a time recently. Sigh. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm not implying sabotage by AT&T but... AT&T can't monetize the email SERVICE for POP3 users.  Can't push paid content.  If we use their web interface we can also see ads!  And AT&T gets money for our eyes.

Again, I'm not trying to impugn any person or corporate entity, but we get our POP3 services for free.  Probably costs then a nickel a year for traffic and a penny for storage, but it can add up.  So when it comes to priority for repair, we've latched onto a dry teat.

Looks as if Thunderbird is going on life support as well, so maybe we geezers should embrace the cloud and move forward?   Sigh....

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@OldZeb

Looks as if Thunderbird is going on life support as well...

Cite?

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I would like to see the cite also.

. . . . Pete

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

I never considered email as a "free" service but rather one that was a necessary part of one's paid DSL/Uverse service.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Agreed, Sejarzo, but my monthly payment to AT&T WorldNet expired decades ago.  I use my sweet legacy two-character.att.net addy but pay Frontier as they are my ISP.  Therefore, I'm a freeloader. (Actually I continued to pay for WorldNet dial-up for many years after I got DSL from the local telco.)  I should be more judicious in my use of the terms we and our when I am citing only me.  You know, like saying that inbound.att.net is available or not based solely upon one's ability to access it.

As to my comment about Thunderbird, it is an opinion based on the little knowledge I have of their split from Mozilla and the general move to web-based -- like att.bet email -- activity.

My POP access to returned overnight, so I've a huge slug of mail to attend to.  Thanks all, and I'll go crawl back under my rock now.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

I moved from Windows Live Mail when it seemed MS was going to give up on all support over to Tbird but was never happy with it. I bit the bullet and installed Outlook 2016 because I have quite a bit of archived mail that I must keep and be able to search offline. I set up my att mail account in Outlook as IMAP and haven't had any problems whatsoever since doing that 6 weeks ago or so. Anything I need to retain for future search is moved to a local folder in Outlook, and I back that file up daily. I am also not a big fan of web mail. I consider my gmail and hotmail accounts to be disposable and thus don't save anything critical in those accounts.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

Regardless...AT&T put their name on the service so they should provide
acceptable support.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

SeaMonkey serves as an excellent email client.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

inbound.att.net not responding again; tried checking 20 times and gave up.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.