For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
TE7777777's profile

Participant

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 31st, 2013 8:21 PM

What happened to DSL speed OCT of last year?

Anybody know what happened to At&t DSL speed as of Oct of last year? Since then, download speed drops to zero about every 30 seconds. So, there is no consistent download speed. I am not using wireless. I am using Windows 7, and my machine is clean. I can see what is happening with my net monitor. Data starts to download, then drops off for 15-30 seconds, starts up again, and drops off 15-30 seconds, over and over. Does not matter which site. This never used to happen. I have been using At&t service for seven years.

I thought about upgrading my service. If I were a new customer, I could get the next level of service for less than half of what I will get charged as a long standing customer. How about them apples?

So, what's up with the long pauses in the download data stream?

NetDownloadSpeed.PNG

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@TE7777777 wrote:

Anybody know what happened to At&t DSL speed as of Oct of last year? Since then, download speed drops to zero about every 30 seconds. So, there is no consistent download speed. I am not using wireless. I am using Windows 7, and my machine is clean. I can see what is happening with my net monitor. Data starts to download, then drops off for 15-30 seconds, starts up again, and drops off 15-30 seconds, over and over. Does not matter which site. This never used to happen. I have been using At&t service for seven years.

I thought about upgrading my service. If I were a new customer, I could get the next level of service for less than half of what I will get charged as a long standing customer. How about them apples?

So, what's up with the long pauses in the download data stream?

NetDownloadSpeed.PNG

TE7777777,

Welcome to the forum. Have you by chance notified ATT about the trouble your having? If your internet keeps dropping like that there is definite trouble on the line. If it's caused by something inside or out I couldn't be sure. I will include a few links below that might be of assistance that will include a troubleshooting link and a link to customer care if your issue can't be resolved. I will also include the number DSL for tech support.

AT&T Troubleshoot & Resolve

To dial in to DSL tech support

1-800-288-2020

Mon-Fri 8a.m. - 7p.m.

Sat 8a.m. - 5p.m.

Local time

Self Service 24X7

If your still having trouble after the above resources please feel free to send a private message to our ATTCustomer care team by following the next link. Please include your name, email address, phone number and the best way time to be contacted; please also allow upwards of 48 hours for a representative to contact you.

Private Message

James

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.