For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
johncampanale 's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, October 15th, 2019 1:41 PM

Since I use Outlook 2019/Office 365

Is there a way to forward my ATT email to another email provider, ie gmail?  I have too many devices that I run email on to be able to use the Secure Mail Key?

Is this a viable option?

Thanks,

John [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Let me understand this.  You rather forward your att email to some other email service rather than change all your devices email client apps to use OAuth or alternatively a secure mail key if your client doesn't support OAuth(2)?Man Surprised

Just get into the att/yahoo webmail and set up a forwarding address for that account.  Click the settings gear -> more settings -> mailboxes -> click account under Mailbox list.  A pane will appear on the right from which you can set up a forwarding address (under Forwarding).  Part of the setup will include verification of the destination address but sending an email to the forwarded address which has to be acknowledged there to complete the verification.  After verification all email sent your att/yahoo email address will be forwarded to the forwarding address (except stuff filtered as spam) will be forwarded to the other address.  A copy of each forwarded email will also be saved in your att/yahoo inbox (or wherever it's filtered into).  And you still have to periodically visit the att/yahoo email to check for false positives - stuff mistakenly considered as spam.

By the way, I don't believe you can set up forwarding from an email client app.  It's too late by the time the client sees it.  The POP/IMAP server actually does the forwarding which is why you have to set this up from the webmail.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

yes you foward it to your gmail address by creating a rule in outlook

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, once I get it into Outlook, which if I am reading correctly isn't a OAuth client.  It that correct?

John

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.