Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
kathy500's profile

Mentor

• 

82 Messages

Thursday, February 22nd, 2018 2:31 PM

Secure Mail Key Option still missing?????

I have been trying to get a secure mail key since December but each time I log in to MyAT&T and go to Profile and Sign-In info, I find this. Step #4 says "Under Secure Mail key, select Manage secure mail key" but when I look for this, it isn't there. Why??? Step #5  also states, "If you have multiple email addresses, select the email address you want to use". I don't see even one email address. I have a Bellsouth email address so could that be causing this? I have tried to link my email account to this account and I keep getting a system error. Does anyone know a fix for this? I just want to keep using my programs to get my email after April 1st. 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Same problem, on several attempts over last couple of weeks.  Don't see the "manage secure mail key" option, probably because no email account linked to the access id.  Attempt to link an email address to the access id returns "A temporary system error keeps us from displaying your account information right now. Please try again later. Want more help? Call us at 800.331.0500. (RESCOM0111)" error.

Called the 800 number, the tech walked through the same steps, got the same error.  The tech noticed that the email address I a was attempting to link to the access id was added less than 30 days ago, and thought that might be the source of the problem, but wasn't sure.  He created a case # and will escalate the issue.  Will update this msg when/if the issue is resolved.  

Mentor

• 

82 Messages

6 years ago

I thought it might be because there wasn't an email account linked to it also but like you, when I tried to link it to this account, I get an error telling me to try again later. But, later didn't change anything. It kept doing the same thing over and over.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Update on my problem.  I was experiencing the same system error as others in this thread when attempting to link an email address to the access id.  The issue was escalated to the Digital Assistance Support team and they linked the email account for me.  I do not know what they did to resolve the issue, or whether any new attempts to link email accounts will work, or not.

After the email account was linked, the "manage secure email key" option was present.  I was able to add a secure key to the email account in question, modify my Outlook account password to the new secure key, and test the account successfully.  For what it's worth, the original Outlook password still works, too, but guess that it won't come April 1 when the requirement for the use of secure keys on some applications goes into effect.

Mentor

• 

82 Messages

6 years ago

I was hoping I wouldn't have to call them. I hate having to call AT&T for anything! Did they charge you for this help? What version of Outlook do you use? I have 2010 and I would like to keep using it after April 1st if I could get this worked out. 

Mentor

• 

82 Messages

6 years ago

You can ignore my charge question if you would like to. I logged back in to my account and tried to find the "Secure Mail Key" option and it was there!!!! I'm not sure what the difference was unless I was using the wrong login information. But, I've received my secure mail key and have made my changes. Thank you for your replies!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

kathy500 glad you you it, sounds like maybe they fixed a system wide problem.  There was no charge for the call.   According to the support article and the tech I spoke with all versions of Outlook will need to use the secure key.

Mentor

• 

82 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you! I have my version of Outlook working now but I did keep it in the POP version. Will we HAVE to use the Imap starting April 1st? Unless I misunderstood and there is a setting that can be changed, the Imap doesn't delete the emails once you download them. I hope I misunderstood. I just like to have them deleted as I download them and the POP does this.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

I believe you will be able to continue to use either POP or IMAP after April 1, only the authentication method is changing.

Mentor

• 

82 Messages

6 years ago

Oh Good! I was hoping I misunderstood! Thanks for your response!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Another update on this.  The linked email account and option to manage a secure mail key is again missing from my att.com profile.  My Outlook client is still configured with the secure mail key I added on March 6, and is working fine.  ATT is still messing with things, I guess.  I will call support again, when I get the chance.  ATT's plan to force the use a secure mail key beginning April 1 should be interesting.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.