For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Maxmal's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 10th, 2018 5:39 PM

Received "Account Suspended" email from Yahoo Administraton

I received this email that my account would be suspended.  Is this for real or is it a scam?

Your account will be blocked, in accordance with the complaint that was made to the administration.

In accordance with paragraph 8.1 of the Terms of Use, the Yahoo reserves the right to suspended or terminate service, by noticing the user.
This is an automatic confirmation of your email account. This could happen if someone in response to your letter has clicked the option "SPAM" and the system took you to be the robot and ask for confirmation of your Yahoo.
Also the system may ask you to enter a captcha (set of symbols, numbers, and letters), to protect against automated spamming.
You may dispose the statement, if you follow the link and log in to the server:

Dispose the complaint for your account 

If the application will not be rejected within 3 days, your account will be blocked. The given number 49628291
___________________________________________________________ Best regards, Support. Letter sent automatically, please do not respond to it.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

im leaning towards scam, contact yahoo directly

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks.  Forwarded email to Yahoo (phishing@cc.yahoo-inc.com).  If that doesn't work, I'll try to contact some other way.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I agree, that link is to yahoo.mailverification.us.  Why would yahoo be using a generic top level domain, i.e., .us, and not it's usual .net or .com?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I received this same email.  How do I contact Yahoo directly???

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@redray2655  just delete and ignore its a scam dont reply dont click the links

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.