For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
lynelled's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 30th, 2015 2:58 PM

Problem setting up sbcglobal.net in Outlook 2010 on a new windows 10 PC

Have an sbcglobal.net email for 8+ years on various versions of Outlook.

Currently on Outlook 10 I had this setup on a laptop & PC both with Win 10/Outlook10 and everything worked fine.

Computer died last week, got a new computer with Win 10, installed my Outlook 10 and cannot get sbcglobal set up.

Have tried inbound.att.net and outbound.att.net, which was the setup for the dead PC. Also tried the laptop setting pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com with no luck. Have tried various others mentioned in blogs and posts.

My old PC and current laptop had different settings yet both worked but not on new PC. Can anyone help with this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have same problem! I'm running Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 system. I have set up Outlook with both the server settings you mention/.Can't set up sbcglobal net email accounts. Always get message "can't log onto incoming mail server". I'm beginning to wonder if the Yahoo ATT merger created a problem that so far can't or hasn't been resolved? With the old Yahoo mail everything worked fine! However, with ATT getting into the act and changing servers, things are fouled up!! So, it appears that we sbcglobal.net usere can't use Outlook and need to explore other alternatives.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

You are right. Outlook 2010 with Windows 7 does not work with sbcglobal.net accounts. Answer is change to GMail. Which requires an adjustment -- but it does work reliably and is a very good email program.

From a user who has has a lot of pain trying to get Outlook 2010 to work using my ATT sbcglobal e-mail account -- which can't be done!! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.