For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Mike2772's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, September 13th, 2016 1:35 AM

Need help with merged Yahoo email account, trying to changed password

My yahoo email has been hacked and is spamming my contacts. I am unable to change the yahoo email password as its merged with att. Please help

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your response.
Please note the second part of the equasion.
When I am asked for a contact method to recieve a reset, it is an email I had over a decade ago.
I have changed that contact info earlier this year but now the system runs home to mama and sends the reset to an email address I can no longer access.

Help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to the hacking at yahoo, I tried to change my yahoo password, since it is an old sbcglobal merged account (15 year olds) I tried to reset it via info on this thread, When i get to the send a temp password to my email page the email that it wants me to send it to is no longer valid, the domain has shut down, I call the number above and they want my old account number from a bill thats 15 years old?????? they told me i am out of luck and make a new one.

This account houses many VERY important emails and is hooked into everything , I need this. I tried 2 times to call and was transfered after 30 minutes both times to the DSL people 1800-288-2020 who promply hung up??? I am steaming and still no where. I still have the original home phone number but it has been ported to another company.

Where do i go from here? Thanks for any help, According to your profile you work miracles. time for another if you could.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

HOW CAN I GET MY E-MAIL FROM MY YAHOO ACCOUNT?THEY MADE ME CHANGE TO AT&T BECAUSE THE ACCOUNT IS IN MY HUSBANDS NAME. NOW I CAN'T FIND MY OTHER E-MAIL. SINCE I CHANGED MY ID TO.WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN TO MY OLD ATT ACCOUNT THEY SAY IT DOM'T EXIST.PLEASE HELP..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hello,
My att.net has been deactivated and I can no longer send/receive emails. I've had this account since 2008. Of course when I tried to get a hold of someone no one could help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This problem occurred a month ago. I had to call customer service and I had to get a call back from a supervisor to fix the problem because the sbcglobal account is so old. Now my computer has logged me out and will not accept the password I know is correct.

I can still get emails on my phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hope someone can help as this is getting really frustrating...

I have 3 email accounts with the @sbcglobal.net suffix.

I was successfully able to change the first account with a new password but I cannot do it on the second one. On the first one I was able to change correctly, I got a message saying I had a choice of a temporary password but I did not get that choice for the 2nd one, it asked for the answers to my security questions. Unfortunately, I cannot find that info and would like to just get a temporary password like I did for the first one. I've tried Chrome and Firefox but neither help in changing that password.

Luckily I can still sign on the second account to get my mail, just cannot change the password for that.

The last thing is I don't even see my 3rd email listed which is troubling, don't know what's going on with that.

All that happens is I have been spending the last hour or so going around in circle with Yahoo and Att mail so that's why I am writing this note,

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Jwoo3030,

That is not good to read! Can you tell us, is your email address tied to an active AT&T account? If so, you can change your password at the att.com homepage which will change your email password. 

Let us know!

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I've used *** linked with a yahoo account *** for years. It is only lately that this problem has occurred.

*** is a separate account. When I try and change the password for the sbcglobal account it only changes the . Net account.

If I could link all three that would be great. I don't want to lose all my old emails

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a sbcglobal.net email address that keeps telling me I am suspended and to call customer service.  The problem is that I moved my service to uverse and have no amount due on both accounts.  I keep calling but no one seems to be able to help from several departments.  please help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Help! My Yahoo and SBC global email addresses are linked and I've forgotten the password. In attempting to reset it, I am not locked out. I cannot find any info about what to do or how to get help. Any guidance would be so appreciated. I am desperate! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.