For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
etta88's profile

Tutor

• 

25 Messages

Saturday, February 9th, 2019 7:15 AM

IMPORTANT INFO AT&T CONNECTECH

DO NOT ALLOW AT&T TO REDIRECT YOUR CALL TO CONNECTECH FOR ANY REASON WHAT SO EVER!!!!

IT IS ONE OF AT&T BIGGEST JOINT SCAM.

I CAN'T SPREAD THE WORD WITHOUT YOUR HELP.

MY LAPTOP IS RUINED. IT WAS VERY EXPENSIVE AND THEY DELETED MY DATA AND OPERATING SYSTEM. THEY TOOK NO RESPONSIBILITY AND I WAS TOLD BY THEM TO BUY ANOTHER COMPUTER AND THERE WAS NOT ANYTHING THEY COULD DO TO UNDO THE PERMANENT DAMAGE.

I WAS ON THE PHONE FOR 34 HOURS WITHIN 4 DAYS.

AT&T DOES NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO GIVE ANY KIND OF RATIONAL SUPPORT.

THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY WITHOUT YOU EVEN KNOWING IT. HUGE LANGUAGE BARRIER. 

WE THE PEOPLE CAN'T ALLOW FOR THE BIGGEST TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY TO USE AND ABUSE CUSTOMERS ANYMORE!!

STOP AT&T SLAVERY.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

MY LAPTOP IS RUINED. IT WAS VERY EXPENSIVE AND THEY DELETED MY DATA AND OPERATING SYSTEM.

Two ways to protect against such situations:

1. Backups.
  2. The OS installer disk/flash drive/whatever to at least reinstall the OS if you don't have any backups (for some reason I can't imagine).

Sorry for you loss.

Tutor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

I told the tech I needed to back up my system before they remotely ran the tool, I was told by Stanley D. that it wasn't necessary to do a backup as he promised me there would be no loss of date, media. I asked him several times if I was in any danger of losing (terms I used)  files, data, media, or any issues with my operating system, . Stanley D promised me numerous times by using the words "no worry, nothing to worry about, we promise we will get your computer operating without any issues by running a tool to see if everything is working fine. I had been on the phone about 4 hours by this time. I saw the tool running and realized it was the very similar to the  maintenance tool that HP runs on my computer free of charge and I have never had any problems. I am a frequent flyer of HP's p.c. maintenance tool. All I called about was a simple question about email. What are the correct settings and how do I get back the older version of yahoo email as I disliked the current version. I was transferred multiple times. How hard was it for 3 techs before I was transferred to Stanley D to answer 2 simple questions? The answer, evidently extremely hard. Throughout all my 34 hours of conversation, the techs talked so fast and I could barely understand or hear them. When I asked them to slow down and speak louder and more clearly so I could understand what they were saying, all 8 of them became quite annoyed with me having to constantly repeat my request to slow down and talk so I can understand. And then I was forced to go back to the,  A as in Apple, B as in Boy,  C as in cat etc...…..conversation.

There is no transcript of the 34 hour conversations. I was completely foolish in thinking they would provide me with transcripts because I always received them from previous conversations with At&t.

I even asked to read all the agreements before I agreed. I asked Stanley to email them to me. Of course he could not. He showed a terms of service agreement shot on the screen. I was very concerned about several clauses in the terms. I asked Stanley D about them, and his comment was "rest assure ma'am you will have no worries". So going on hour 5.5, I foolishly allowed him to run the  Dr. Kevorkian tool. Heck, Stanley couldn't figure out what went wrong, so he sent me to chat box Lenny M. (identical twin to Larry of the Three Stooges). Lenny M. wasn't in the talking mood. He would only communicate to me by a chat box, which his sentences were unclear and I could tell he was grumpy. His words were quite demeaning. At 6.5 hours on the phone, I had to take a quick break. Lenny M. told me I had to sit in front of my computer during his 15 minute examination of my computer. He wrote in the chat box that after the 15 minute supreme version of the tool he would be on the chat box in case I had any questions. So on 8.0 hours all I saw was a blank black screen. I had no idea that Lenny D. remotely pulled the death plug on my computer. I was never to see or hear from Lenny in the chat box again. He must have ran off with Larry, Curly and Moe. I immediately called back and was put on hold for 2 hours. 

There are no words to my dismay at that point. Tears yes.

Then on day 6, I spoke with Graham in the scary billing department. After 1 hour and putting me on hold multiple times he gives me a 12 digit cancellation confirmation number. I read it back to him several times. It did no good. At&t refuses to acknowledge my 12 digit confirmation number of the cancellation to our good friends and neighbors at AT&T SUPPORT PLUS, CONNECTECH.

So, if you were in my shoes how would you feel about having done to you what was done to me?

Tutor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Dear Expert,

I do have Windows 7 reinstall disks. Tech Tedd B. and tech Sheldon A. walked me through all the steps to boot up my CD/DVD drive, but the life of E drive barely hung on. 

I even have a brand new WIndows 7 disk that didn't work either.

I have a complete Windows 7 64 bit system repair disk that I made immediately after installing WIndows 7. How do I use it when the computer will not engage with any drives at all?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.