For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Scholar

• 

287 Messages

10 years ago

@cholleyman wrote:

The feature I used most (sorting by subject) is defintely missing! Plus, overalll the design is atrocious.

From the main inbox listing, click "View" and you'll see a list of sorting options.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I’m honestly surprised there aren't more people complaining about this new email! it is very annoying!  The first line in my inbox is an add!!  I can’t get rid of it!  I’ve gotten used to adds on the page, that’s fine.  But stay out of my inbox!  When I hit reply, after I type the first letter the screen changes and I can’t see what I’m typing!  Let me summarize,  PUT IT BACK ATT!! 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am joining the long list of people who HATE the new AT&T Yahoo web-based e-mail format.  I've tried to live with it for a couple weeks and everytime it leaves me frustrated.

The threading of e-mails is horrible -- most unintuitive I've ever seen, and can never tell which email I'm looking at in a thread.  The "reply" function doesn't even let me edit or even see the "subject" line, which I often slightly modify to get people's attention, or simply just to check to be sure I'm replying to the e-mail I intend to reply to.

What official channels can I complain to about this?  Up till this point, years of evolution of the AT&T Yahoo webmail interfaces have been positive, but the current state of the interface is positively unusable and horribly frustrating to me....

I have changed back to "classic" email view but that is not like it used to be either -- I want to change to the "previous version" of mail which was working great for me.

I have another non-AT&T associated Yahoo email address and its interface works great for me -- it's the AT&T-specific view on my AT&T associated mail account that is driving me nuts.

Gary

U-verse customer for many years

Yahoo Mail customer for longer.

[Personal information removed for your privacy protection]

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I concur that the new email is poorly designed and implemented. I am having several issues...

1. In old version I could compose several different emails at once, each in a different tab.

2. In new version, after selecting compose, I cannot return to my inbox to verify a statement without losing my composition (same issue - no tabs)

3.In old version, when replying, I frequently deleted the sender's text, because I was starting a new conversation. I cannot modify the sender's text now. (This was an easy way to start a new conversation to a large list of recipients).

4. There are now advertisements appearing in my mail folders.!!!!!!!!

5. I could previously sort based on column header (name, date, etc.). Now I must sort on only the fields deemed 'acceptable' by some lazy programmer.

6. The list could go on but I defer.

I emphatically point out that the entire design is definitely DIFFERENT, but it is NOT BETTER.

Please return the option to use the old interface.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I couldn't agree more. The new email is impossible. I DO NOT WANT YOUR ADDS IN MY INBOX! In addition to that intrusion; it is difficult to see what has been read and what has not with the new color schemes. ATT has stepped over the line. There are other internet/email providers and they may find a lot of new customers shortly.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

It gets worse. Thinking I was clever, I deleted the add line several times out of frustration. The joke was on me, I soon realized that I was deleting my private emails. Good think I noticed before my trash was emptied. Good one ATT. What are you thinking over there?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This is the equivalent of the New Coke  fiasco.  It shows the arrogance of the leadership of Yahoo who think they have to change everything because  they can't stand to think their ideas are not superior to tried and true methods. Typical narcissistic behavior (and YES, I am a psychologist so I am saying that!!!).

My husband and I have both had att.net addresses for over 16 years and this looks to be the end.  We are willing to take the time to change emails and notify people.

To add to the complaints: I cannot cut and paste text from emails anymore.  If someone knows how to to do that please let me know without having to switch to basic view.

PLEASE GIVE US CLASSIC EMAIL just like Coke relented and returned Coke Classic. Learn from others' experiences!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi Gary,

You may just provide3 me with an temporary solution.

How did you create another Yahoo mail, when the default is AT&T Yahoo mail?

Mentor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same problem now with not being able to copy and paste into a new email. Sometimes I would do this to get rid of the extra sides on the left after an email has been forwarded multiple times, and now Yahoo email has reverted to using the ">" character on the left side!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I also would like to add to this conversation that after being a customer of AT&T for internet for over 25 years, I hate this new att.yahoo.com email interface.  I find the sponsored ads very unnecessary.  I also find the loss of the ability to sort my mails on any of the columns shown is difficult for finding what I need when I need it.  

I have made all the changes to the managing of the ads via the settings but they still show up.  I have another account with Yahoo which I have upgraded to Plus and get none of these.  I would expect for the prices we pay to AT&T for this internet services, it should be free of any ads or intelligence gathering opportunities for AT&T or others.  

It truly does not matter which browser you use you will continue to get these.  The only other option would be a email client and then hopefully there is the possibility of getting our emails via an IMAP protocol versus POP.  That way they all stay on the AT&T server and not on the computer being used.  

Any solutions on how to approach this?  I have many different services with AT&T and am considering moving to another wireless company which offers all these same features - home phone, internet and wireless as a bundle.  

Just venting but also willing to take my money where it is appreciated.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.