For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
sweetmail1982's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 16th, 2018 3:19 PM

How to stop spamming good emails

I have been receiving regular email from an organization and I filter them into a folder. Recently, all the emails from this organization are delievered to the SPAM folder. I unspam them all, redo the filtering and it is still delivering my email to the spam folder. any idea?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Since the spam filters have precedence over user defined filters (don't ask) and work in part statistically then you will have to mark these emails as "not spam" possibly each time it happens in the hopes you can eventually train the spam filters to not treat that stuff as spam.  That's life with yahoo! Man Mad

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

6 years ago

Are you unspamming them by moving them to your inbox or are you actually marking them as "Not Spam"?  I was able to get some of mine to again start going to my inbox by marking them "Not Spam".  I finally solved the problem by going to another email provider.  I know that is a hassle but it should solve my problems for long into the future as I won't have to deal with ATT anymore.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you citfta. I hope ATT give me a better solution. It is not easy for me to go to another email provider yet.

thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you _xyzzy_

I was thinking about this  "the spam filters have precedence over user defined filters (don't ask)".

Thanks

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

It's been debated and cursed for years.  #$^@!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

AT& T tells me to go to the Banned Address Page, but I have searched and cannot find where this is at.  I have Yahoo...sigh

Judi

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@ladyjudi:

"Banned Address Page"?  Never heard of it.  There is a "Blocked Addresses" setting but that's generally useless against spammers since they spoof and vary the sending (From) address to fight against those kind of blocks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the reply.  I took this off a help page from AT&T.  I sent them a question and have not yet heard from them.  I sent some emails to our Church Office from my Android phone, but have done before, with no problem.  Now all my emails to Church address, no one else are sent to Spam.  I had Church Sec, go to spam, click not spam...didn't work...sent 3 more test emails...didn't work....
I am a Church Official and this is just so frustrating...thanks for your reply...I'll keep looking for the email from AT&T 🙂

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Now all my emails to Church address, no one else are sent to Spam

To the Church?  You mean mail you send to them is being filtered as spam at the church end?  If so then that's is the church's email problem.  They need to train their spam filters (or their user specified filters if their filters are singling you out as spam).  There is nothing you can do at the sending end to control how the recipient's email is going to treat it.  It has to be fixed on the receiving end.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How do you mark them "not spam"?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.