For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
Chegan68's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 6:25 PM

Closed

Have att.net email account. Want to block specific people from sending me emails.

Found an answer how to block receiving emails from specific addresses but it is not working. Can someone please walk me through the steps how to block my att.net email from receiving messages from specific people. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

1. After logging into your webmail you will see a gear icon in the upper right of your webmail page.  Mouse over it and you will see a submenu appear with various items including Settings.  Click Settings.
  2. The settings panel will appear which includes a number of commands on the left.  Click Blocked Addresses.
  3. Another pane appears which contains a text box labeled "Add an address". Enter the email address in there and click the Block button to the right.
  4. The blocked address will appear in the box below the "Add an address" line.
  5. Click the Save button to update the settings.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

In the webmail click the gear->settings->blocked addresses is supposed to be the way to block specific email addresses.  Note however if you are trying to block stuff from getting into the spam box it isn't going to work since the yahoo spam filters have precedence over user defined settings.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks that is what I read but I don’t understand the gear-settings

Is this after i log into my mail account?
Can you send me screen shots of step by step please?
I am inept with technology
Thanks

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

these spammers regenerate addresses so even if we block one, another one comes in.  Can't the server block the main email extension ending in .de, .pw and whatever else so we don't have to waste time doing this?  I also tried setting up filters and that didn't work either.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@Patcie:

The OP wasw asking "how to block receiving emails from specific addresses [to block] receiving messages from specific people" (bold emphasis mine).  So for that specific context that's how I answered.  I wouldn't have answered that way if s/he ask how to block spam coming from various domains (which of course it often is).  If it were spam with domains all having the same ending, using your .de for example, then a filter can be defined to send all email with a FROM that ends with .de to the spam or trash box.  But here too the same disclaimer about the att/yahoo spam filters taking precedence still applies.  The att/yahoo spam filters get first crack at it and your own filter will never get a chance to be applied.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

How can I block unwanted emails that do not have an email address?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

2 years ago

1) It is considered inadvisable to reply to a 4 year old thread.  I recommend that you open you own new thread.  This one will likely be closed shortly.

2) You generally cannot send e-mail without providing some from address.  It may be that they're using a feature to make it not clearly visible, but should still be visible in the header.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.