For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Ashtonsh's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 12:56 PM

My email has been hacked to send money requests to some of my contacts. How can I stop this?

My email is being used to send money requests to some of my contacts.  I think they are going through an email address that is directed to my bell south account.  Any idea what I can do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

For your actual email account or it just looks like it's coming from your email address?

If it's from your actual account then change your password and maybe your security questions too.  But they don't need to use your actual account to make a email appear as an email you sent.  They simply spoof the sender email address (and possibly the name too) and send the email from any email service they happen to use.  In that case there isn't anything you can do about that.  Once your email address is "out in the wild" anyone can use it for spoofing.  And it may not be you that was hacked to get that info.  It might be any one of your contacts with you in their email contacts list.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I know my e-mail has been robbed but you don't have a answer for my question please let me be able to explain

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.