For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Pat7777's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 28th, 2016 4:30 AM

Cant Change Sub-account email passwords

Because of the Yahoo breech I wanted to change my passwords. However, when I log in to my main account and try to edit the passwords for my email sub accounts it won't let me. I receive this warning "This sub-account is linked to an AT&T Access ID. You don't have permission to edit the password for this sub-account."

This doesn't make sense to me because the main account is where I created these sub accounts in the first place. Now, because I changed my main account password I cannot receive email from the sub accounts since the password is not correct. I had separate passwords for those sub accounts, why can't I change them from the account in which I created them? Seems silly and frustrating...

Pat

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the same problem. I would like an answer, Especially since ATT seems to think a 2 year old breach is some emergancy for changing these passwords.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

I am having the same issue with my sub accounts.

"This sub-account is linked to an AT&T Access ID. You don't have permission to edit the password for this sub-account."

They get hacked, wan't you to change your passwords, but give you no way to do it.

Come on ATT!

Please answer this question

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Add my voice to the complaints and to the requests for ATT to provide an answer. NOW!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

@MountainGirl5 @Pat7777 @SpiritedTreasure

I think I figured out how to do it:

Basically go to this att page here:

https://uversecentral3.att.com/static/interstitialDsl.html?origination_point=yahoo&flow_entry_point=pwd

You can also get to this page by:

Signing in with sub or main account.

Go to your account name and click on it. (mine was in upper right corner)

Click on Account Info.

Click change password.

Once you are on this page click All Personal Internet or Email accounts

Sign in with your: SUB-ACCOUNT (not your main account).

You will be able to change your password as soon as you sign it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

It takes me back to the section to answer the questions which I cannot do.  I don't remember ever being asked these questions.  I used to just log in and if I wanted to change password I would get an email to reset my password.  I have been working for 2 days trying to get into my email and facebook on my computer.  I can get them on my ipad.  How  do I get access to them?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

This does not work! There is literally no way to change the Yahoo password. I called AT&T 2 days ao and they transferred me to soem third party that said they could block my hacked yahoo/AT&T email account for $99.99.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

7 years ago

My account was hacked, two months ago. You changed my name and password. Took 45 days for me to convence you that I knew all the secret answers and questions,  After being hung up numerouse times. I finally cnvenced you, I was whom I said I was.  But the subaccounts will not let me change them. Why can't you do it for me. PLEASE!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am having the same problem. I did what you said above but it ends up changing my account login but not my email. Grrr why cant I manage my sub-account password. 

I had an account years ago with ATT. My primary email got too much spam so I created a sub-account. I want to change the password of the sub-account. Every time I try to change a password it changes my login to the att site but not the email. If I look at the parent account it says I cant change the password on sub-accounts due to link ids? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I merged my Yahoo and ATT email accounts awhile back and now have an ATT Access ID.  However, I cant change the passwords on my subaccounts when I log in at MyATT and review the account profile..  It says 

This sub-account is linked to an AT&T Access ID. You don't have permission to edit the password for this sub-account.

How can I change the passwords on sub accounts?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I'm having the same issue. I can access my subaccount from my tablet and a laptop, probably because  I did NOT fiddle with the account setting on these devices. However, I can't access through Outlook on my desktop, presumably because  I no longer have the password. HOW DO I RESET IT????

Ed S

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.