Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
dsb2000's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, June 2nd, 2018 5:15 PM

Cannot access att.net email from computer

Hi, recently I think my email was hacked. I immediately changed my password. I had issues getting into my email on my phone through Yahoo, but when I changed it to a different email interface, I was able to get in. Now it's doing the same thing on my computer through the att.net website. When I put in my user ID and click NEXT as in to put in my password, it takes me to a reset page and I don't want to reset my password....I know my password. I don't know if this has to do with the hacking, or the separation of AT&T and Yahoo? Anyone have this same issue? 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Do you get the same behavior if you try a different browser?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

hmmmm, let me check.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

So I can sign into the att.net page, but when I click the email icon in the upper right corner it goes to a Yahoo! sign in. Then it gives me the Forgot User ID/Password page. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Can I assume you have a legacy account (e.g., sbcglobal.net, etc.)?  If so many others seem to have a similar problem (based on the number of threads in these forums) and I can't suggest a fix for that other than possibly calling the Digital Assistance Center (877-267-2988). 

The possible reason for the different behavior between browsers is due to the effect of the info stored in the cookie (or cookies) for the site.  I was thinking starting out with a different browser means you didn't have any cookies for the site which might allow you in.  It's an easier test than suggesting you clear the cookies in your preferred browser or just the specific cookies for that site.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I’m having the same issue. 

I can login to ATT.com and can login to ATT.net but NOT into the email portal. It redirects to a “did you forget your ID or password” page. I have had to reset my password 19 times working with chat session and phone tech. 

Happens when trying to log in to att.net mail and also on yahoo login site and yahoo mail app on phone. 

Same error regardless of browser. 

I spoke to a tech in digital services who assured me he would call me back (not holding my breath). 

Super frustrating. No access to email on desktop or any devices. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.