Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
TomL48105's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 4:23 PM

Can't receive email - incoming email bounces with "blank mailhost - invalid address" error

As of the evening 12/12/2017 (Eastern Time US), some ameritech.net domain email addresses began to experience an inability to receive new emails - though the ability to send remains intact.  Incoming emails bounce with a "blank mailhost - invalid address" error. 

POP3 mail is used; the error is independent of the sending browser or domain. 

Further, the problem has "spread" over time, affecting some ameritech.net email addresses on the evening of 12/12/2017, and others the afternoon of 12/13/2017.  Still other ameritech.net addresses remain unaffected.

A 2.5 hour phone call with ATT Support resulted finally in an admission that there was an "outage", and that the ability to receive emails would be restored within 72 hours.  However, the above symptoms do not square with an isolated single IMAP server interruption. 

Any advice or suggestions on how to solve this problem are appreciated.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I received my last email via my att.net account on Tuesday, December 12, 2017, at 2:38 pm and have not received an email since.  When I send an email to my att.net email address from any other email address the email is returned as undeliverable and the following message appears: blank mailhost - invalid address, relay.  I spent three hours yesterday with AT&T technical support and they initially claimed that my account was working just fine but they refused to consider this message that any sender receives when attempting to email my att.net address.  I was given a fourth number to call to leave a voicemail message but I haven't received a response.  It's been two days now and I've received little effective support from AT&T for my paid email account I've had for twenty years.  What does a long-time paid customer have to do to get help from AT&T?

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

same exact issue

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction....I have an email address that hasn't been used in a while. I can login, send email, but I cant receive any. Always sends back an error code. "Invalid email 550 5.2.1 <emailaddress@att.net - removed by OP>... blank mailhost - invalid address, relay=" Spent 3 hours trying to resolve with ATT and then they said I would have to pay them to research more. Sent an email to abuse@att.net that was never responded to. Been thru all settings, it seems to be something on their part, but they have no idea. Ready to get rid of ATT all together at this point. The community forums don't seem to work, and similar problems with other users appear to be unresolved.

To clarify....I've been trying only thru webmail rather than apple mail, but either way, it wont receive email, but allows me to send.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same issue. Anyone ever figure this out?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.