For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
IBM2560's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, June 8th, 2017 4:34 PM

ATTYahoo Email slow

From my ATT Yahoo home page I go to access my email. Once my inbox is displayed all activity I do while working wit my emails is very slow. Examples when typing a reply I have to wait between keystrokes before the character I type displays on my screen. Another example is when I go to send mode and the activity circle just goes round and round for 15-20 seconds until the msg comes back that my message has been sent. Another example is switching folders. I may be in my inbox and then want to switch to one of many mail folders that I have set up. I click on the folder I want and again the activity circle goes round and around showing it is busy. Many seconds later that folder is displayed on the screen. It never goes fast like it used to and just runs slower and slower.

I have an older PC with a 250GB SSD for my hard drive. I have 4GB RAM with only 3 GB usable as I am on Windows 10 32 bit. My network connection is DSL out in the country with 3MBPS the maximum speed. The DSL modem is connected by Ethernet to the PC. Browser is Firefox. All SW is at the latest level.

Am I posting this question to the correct forum?

IBM2560

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Some browser questions:

Is your FF browser slow in general?

Which version of FF are you using?

Have you tried clearing its cache?

How many FF tabs and/or windows do you have open simultaneously?

How many addons do you use?

Try relaunching it.

How does FF behave if you launch it in safe mode?

Some machine questions:

How much free space is on your ssd?

How old is that ssd?

Is your machine "slow" with other programs too?

Are you running a lot of other programs while the browser is running?

Note, the reason for these kind of questions is because while the webmail isn't blindingly fast it isn't as slow as you describe with delayed keystrokes, etc.  So the problem has to be related to your machine in some way. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.