For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
cmb860's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, August 13th, 2016 3:01 AM

3rd Party Email Verification Link Does NOT Work

I am trying to verify my 3rd party email.  I've gone through all of the set up steps, settings are correct.  Added the email as a send only email.  Send the verification email. The email arrives with a link to verify and I get an error message that states the system is experiencing problems.  This has been going on for 10 days now.  It appears something is wrong with the link.  Help...what do I need to do to get my email to work?

Is there anyone who can verify this link is broken or fix it?   This is the error message I get:Capture2.JPG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Is there anyone who can verify this link is broken or fix it?   This is the error message I get:

Capture2.JPG

1 Attachment

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

Okay.. perhaps I am misunderstanding something here....   You are trying to set up a third party e-mail, presumably setting up your att/yahoo account as a secondary recovery e-mail address.

When you do this, you are getting a "link" that you click on, to verify that you have access to the att/yahoo e-maik acciunt that you listed.

And when you click on the link, you are somehow getting an error message.

Okay, I have done several signups where I am sent an e-mail message with a verification link in it.

Every link I have used simply opens another window in my browser, and connects me to the source web site, using the code numbers to verify.

The e-mail page in the browser should have absolutly nothing to do with processing your link.

It is your browser (NOT the e-mail service) that processes the link.

If nothing else, simply highlight the link, copy it, (open a new tab first) the paste it to the address line on a blank tab, and it should take you to the site that sent the link.

At that level, ALL e-mail services should work the same, as far as receiving verification links go.

It is a function of your browser program to go to the page indicated by the link, NOT, in this case, Yahoo's e-mail service.

I hope this helps.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Hello,  Thank you for the information.  I think I understand what you're telling me.  When I open the email I have copied the link and pasted it in IE, Chrome, Edge and Firefox.  Mixed results. Edge and IE, when i pasted the link a new window opened and took me to att.net login page.  I entered my log in info and received the same error message.  Chrome and Firefox, when I pasted the link and entered I received the error message right away.

The support tech's I've spoken with have told me we need to verify the email so that they can open the port to allow us to do send only for our 3rd party email.  So, it's kinda frustrating when we can't verify.

The reason I think its a link/yahoo/att problem is we have had this same 3rd party email for several years while we were with TWC.  It was such a simple set up process and we didn't seem to have issues with browsers.  

Do you have any other ideas we might be able to try?  Thank you for the help!

Community Support

• 

231.6K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @cmb860,

We’ll need more details regarding your account and just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back.

ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.